Keeping your socks WHITE?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Slight housekeeping question.

How can I keep my white socks white? I wash them in a 50c wash but there loosing the whiteness.

I have seen articles online that state, bleach in a bucket of water over night, BUT my socks mainly Defeet have black logos or piping on them too.

Thanks chaps

Luke

petal666

by petal666

Buy new ones every couple of months, it's the only way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

Wash them separately from everything else. Add some bleach with the detergent in the machine.

Also, make sure your machine really is clean. Often they can have a bit of grime built up in them. I occasionally run a 90 degree wash with a splash of bleach in the detergent compartment.

CBJ

by CBJ

Over time all whites will loose the whiteness. You did not specify if the sock were form the 90s or more recent purchases :-)

I think this has it all covered:

http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Whites-White

As in the article I have very good result with soaking whites in hot water and detergent specifically a detergent for white clothing.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Thanks chaps.

They are several pairs I have, Defeet and Madison socks bought 1-3 months ago. They get washed with my cycling gear only. Maybe I shall take some tips from the link posted.

Luke