Garmin Edge 820 Video Leak

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

It looks real interesting to me. There are even a couple of videos from Garmin out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8rCpIyeNvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4biZXZj5Eo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Well it is now on Garmin's front page, though I have yet to see anything from Garmin officially releasing BETA testers from the NDA so I must remain mute, but DC Rainmaker has offered some insights on his experiences with the device: Hands-on with Garmin’s new Edge 820 with mapping
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

WheresWaldo wrote:It would seem that Garmin has abandoned the 810 form factor. Not sure why they thought to change it rather than have three distinct sizes, maybe, and I am just speculating the 5xx series will get smaller or go awayl

I think that the 1000 will remain, but in the future it's going to be the size of the present 800/810 series. It makes sense if you think of the 5xx series being touchscreen with no true maps, the 8xx being touchscreen with full maps capability, and the 1xxx series being a larger sized version of the 8xx series.

I think this because the present 1000 series is just too large. It'd be fine if scaled down to the 8xx size of the present 8xx series.

But I'm definitely not willing to wait around another year for a 1000 series update to find out as implied in Ray's initial impressions post. So an 820 is most likely is!