ALE cycling clothing

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

ms6073 wrote:
kgt wrote:Who manufactures for Giordana?

Probably the same place as most of the other top shelf clothing companies, from - serious sarcasm about to be implied - a sweat shop paying a bunch of kids slave wages in in Malaysia/Croatia/<insert name of suitable 3rd world country here>! :shock:

You need a lesson in geography if you think Croatia and Malaysia are third-world countries...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I forget what percent of Americans believe New Mexico is still part of Mexico. That's the "new world", correct?
Speedplay is the devil!

sfo423

by sfo423

I really want to try the Ale product but I can't get over the poor styling / graphics. The only model that does not scream 'look at me' is the Ultra. Maybe next year they will offer some of their high end models in a more subtle graphic (i.e. something w/out "Ale" plastered all over it).

kgt

by kgt

I agree that most alé jerseys are too loud but not all of them :

ms6073

by ms6073

Kayrehn wrote:You need a lesson in geography if you think Croatia and Malaysia are third-world countries...

Dayum, which part of the 'serious sarcasm' disclaimer did you not understand?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

cymans

by cymans

I have been using Al'e clothing for about 2 seasons. The PRR range in jerseys and shorts are very nice. Before that i was using Giordana FRC which is made by the same manufacture i believe. Sizing is very similar to assos race fit.
I take size small jersey and medium shorts in assos and PRR. Cipollini also uses PRR http://www.mcipollini.com/en/abbigliamento

Also uk dealer paligap
Cyman

sfo423

by sfo423

Does Ale' have an equivalent to the Giordana NX-G line? Or, was NX-G developed after the parting of the ways?

micky

by micky

kgt wrote:So, do Alé and Giordana share anything or not? Are we talking about two distinct factories in Italy? Who manufactures for Giordana?
It seems that in their ss16 collection they still share some of their clothes that's why I am asking, out of curiosity.

As the other guy said (and I said twice), they are not anymore the same company.

If you look at the link you post and you search for their address, they now moved near Vicenza.
Meanwhile Ale/Dmt etc are still in the same location in Mantova.

I agree as well that some of their products are too much "pimp my ride" style, but the quality of the fabrics and sewings are worth it.

geedawg

by geedawg

to echo what others have said, ale used to manufacture for giordana until a year or two ago. from what I understand they still manufacture for vermarc. giordana has either their own factory / another factory (not ale) anymore. that being said, ale's prr line is pretty much identical to the year or two old giordana frc stuff. ie, it's good. especially the summer kit. their inclement weather kit (klimatik) is also pretty decent. don't know too much about their winter (dry) kit as it's never dry here in the winter!

sizing is like giordana.. .it's euro for sure, but not as small as sportful or castelli's race gear. I wear small in castelli / sportful (sometimes even a medium in bibs), but can squeeze into XS tops for ale. I prefer usually just to get the small size though if I'm picking up the PRR line. fits great.

if you're in the US, the ale us store occasionally has 40% off-season deals. but for year round great prices, order from Italy, somewhere like all4cycling. it's pretty much at a 40% discount off of retail US prices. last time I checked, like ~$170 for the top of the line road speedsuit. pity they don't have a design I could wear in it. . .

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Finally bit and ordered two of their jerseys. Very happy with the quality and look. The more your seen around here, the better, so these fit nicely (they also match my orange gaerne shoes really well). Very happy.

@geedawg-- your sizing info was right on- thanks!

Speedplay is the devil!

ms6073

by ms6073

CyclingWeekly just posted an article of a recent factory tour and offers a bit of the history behind the company: The biggest cycling clothing company you’ve never heard of
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

boysa

by boysa

Just ordered one of the jerseys myself, should arrive tomorrow. I look forward to trying it out based on all the good reviews.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Roel W

by Roel W

micky wrote:Ale (the old Giordana) is making the clothing for the pro teams which are sponsored by Vermac.
This is happening since ages.

Ale and Vermac are not the same company, only the clothing for the pro riders are made by Ale.
It's something that happens often also in other pro teams with other clothing companies.

Not only the pro team clothing, also the PRR bibshorts use the same chamois and construction.

Read this article: http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/bikes-and-tech/factory-visit-vermarc-down-an-old-belgian-farm-road_167424
About 80 percent of the clothing is manufactured in Italy at A.P.G., the same factory that produces clothing for Giordana and other high-end companies. The other 20 percent is made in Belgium, Ottolina said, because of the need for quick turnaround on certain products.

Having used many Gore-Bike bibshorts I recently purchased 2 Vermarc PRR bibshorts and I'm very pleased with them: great quality chamois, excellent fit, plain black (I don't like cycling kits too loud) and last but not least: affordable.

kgt

by kgt

That was the case but not any more. From what I understand Giordana is no longer a member of APG group (Ale, Cipollini, DMT).

micky

by micky

I wonder who told you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com