ALE cycling clothing

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jvanv8

by jvanv8

The PRR stuff is really nice. I wouldn't bother with the lower lines unless budget is paramount and you find a hot sale.
I wrecked one PRR kit, but the replacement is still going strong. Really like the jersey fit, reflective stitching, and the lower cut on the jersey is fantastic. Styles are hit-or-miss (as with any brand) but I would probably have more PRR kits if they would stop putting vertical stripes down the back (personal taste). I think I like the new camo kits, but as much as I think I like them, it doesn't really fit my persona.
It doesn't fit as snug as you would think for an Italian brand. I'm 181cm, 72kg. And the S jersey and M bibs fit well as an everyday kit. I load the pockets and since it's a pro-cut, everything in the pockets sits firm on the lower back without motion even when out of the saddle. For reference, I also have S Castelli, S Giordana club kit (still baggy), M Sportful Bodyfit (although the pockets sag more than I'd like), M Bioracer Speed Shirt, and M Verge Tor (smallest fitting jersey I've ever tried).
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Loads of Ale kit on sale at Wiggle at the moment. I've taken advantage already :thumbup:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ale/?sr=Ale

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

After the 2 jerseys I purchased I bit on the EV-1 Bibs. Love the chamois (and the rest of them). They fit perfect in a large, but the PRR bibs have longer legs and go halfway over my knees. I'll have to try a medium at some point.
Speedplay is the devil!

boysa

by boysa

That's interesting. I have two of the PRR bibs (one Arcobaleno, one Bermuda) and one of the reasons I like them so much is the shorter leg length. They fit me as I think they should, whereas most brands the legs are just too darn long. Of course, I'm in a small and I do have quite a long inseam for my height.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

ms6073 wrote:
kgt wrote:Who manufactures for Giordana?

Probably the same place as most of the other top shelf clothing companies, some place where employees are expected to work very long hours, every day of the week, for extremely low wages!

Giordana had a fire in their factory a while ago which resulted in many of their club / team orders not being fulfilled or being well past their delivery date. I cancelled a big order as they couldn't even be bothered to tell me that they would not be delivering my order as scheduled. I did get some caps from them and the quality is terrible.

If ALE is a different company to Giordana but will produce decent quality kit then all they have to do is provide some customer service and they will be better than Giordana!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I liked the ev-1 bibs so much I picked up the matching jersey (orange/flo yellow). Also tried the PRR bibs in medium and they fit well. I now have 3 jerseys and 2 pairs of bibs.
Speedplay is the devil!

boysa

by boysa

I have 3 sets of PRR jersey/bibs now, and I agree, I'm blown away by the quality. Nice to hear such good things about the EV-1 model... maybe I'll try it, as well.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I recently picked up another pair of ev-1 bibs (from Europe) and then ended up ordering a long sleeve jersey and a short sleeve jersey from Ale's US website on clearance. The next day I received an email that they were out of stock on the ss jersey, but were offering a replacement and I should pick any short sleeve jersey from the new collection.

I'm now getting the newest PRR 2.0 jersey for the clearance price (which was about 60 usd).
Speedplay is the devil!

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Amazon has Ale PRR jersey @ 30USD - different sizes as well as PRR bib for 35USD - both from the Green line.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

rudye9mr wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:39 am
Amazon has Ale PRR jersey @ 30USD - different sizes as well as PRR bib for 35USD - both from the Green line.
Only bibs left is S and XXL.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Hopefully it helps someone with those sizes.

30/35 for cycling kit is a pretty good price