Good 4 Bike Rack for High End Carbon bikes?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I can't find a Kuat reseller in Montreal Canada.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Check online. I ordered mine from Competitive Cyclist when they had a sale going on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

FIJIGabe wrote:Your Aeolus 7's should work with not problem on the KUAT. I have 404's which are only 12mm less than the 7's and there's no lack of strap when securing the rear wheel.

Not an issue with the 1Up, for what it's worth, since it only touches the tires. You can use whatever rim depth you want.

zulu695

by zulu695

I got mine here with the add-on (4 bikes), Ottawa not far from Montreal. Maybe they can ship. It is a great bike rack!

https://www.autoracks.com/kuat-nv-2-for-2-gun-metal-gray.html

siriz75

by siriz75

anyone have any experience with the Swagman line of trailer hitch racks?

airkon

by airkon

Another option could be the Seasucker bike racks.

http://road.cc/content/review/154825-se ... -bike-rack

thp

by thp

Kuat NV 2.0, improvements are nice and you can use it with/without the extension so you don't always have to carry 4 bikes. Integrated work stand is a nice perk.

jimborello

by jimborello

+1 Kuat NV. It is expensive but it looks nice and it is very handy. The tallest rim height that fits in the back wheel is 70mm so if you have a tt bike with deeper wheels yu will have to use soething else to fix it.

afalts

by afalts

Huge, huge fan of the saris freedom superclamp 4. Only touches rubber (tires) - no frame, rim, or brake caliper contact (as the thule's and kuat have) that can leave marks or rub off paint.

As a Canadian where vehicular rust is often an issue, even bigger marks for the Saris because they don't rust (two of mine don't have any after 2 and 6 seasons of use). I had a Thule t2 rust through to the point the wheel trays fell off within 5 years.

I'd buy a one-up if the price wasn't so ridiculous as a Canadian.

Only complaint with the freedom is that it appears 'cheap-ish'. It uses a lot of plastic, and doesn't seem as solid as a t2 pro, but it has never been a problem, nor do I suspect it will be. And I use my racks a lot.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

1 Up racks are really really good. Thule pales in comparison.
Instagram @seanblurr

seanmolin

by seanmolin

How much of a risk is there using a hanging rack? I've got a Saris Bones I've been using. I also don't have a trailer hitch on any of my vehicles (or any way of installing one), so I hope I'm not screwed.