Any good bicycle shops - Melbourne

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Bely

by Bely

Hi there heading there in under a month - looking for great bikes stores to visit and hopefully get some exotic hard to get stuff!!

Thanking you guys in advance - btw the London shop recommendations were awesome and I carried home a condor to be posted soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Hi Bely,

It's not so much a shop but definitely check out Shifter Bikes, Dan is a wizard mechanic and a lot of custom and high end bikes are built in his work shop. He also has a gallery space which changes up pretty regularly.

Bastion Cycles is also based in Melbourne, they love people coming through and taking a look at their soon to be released custom frame. This would be a great addition to your stable. 3D printed lugs in titanium and all sorts of customisation options.

Again not a shop and not sure what aesthetic you like in cycling kit but you could always stop by and check out the rad guys at Hunter Bros. If you like ink maybe Head home with some of Hal's handy work.

Saint Cloud is a cool little shop in a great part of Melbourne. Worth it to experience Gertrude St and Smith St Collingwood. Bicycle Gallery has all sorts of high end exotica to take a gander at. I'm sure there are a couple more but that's what's coming to mind now.

Bely

by Bely

Nice anymore?!

Current

Incoming

nickcube

by nickcube

If mountain bikes are kinda your thing then My Mountain in Brunswick is definitely worth a look, some lovely kit there and I think their sale will still be on when you're here. Total Rush in Richmond and the Swift Concept store in St. Kilda also have some pretty nice kit too. What dates are you in Melbourne if you don't mind me asking?

Bely

by Bely

Will be there late May to early June! To be precise tentative dates are 27th May - 5th June

Current

Incoming

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Bike Now - ask for Kim

Parlee Z5, Trek Madone, Jonesman Custom
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Bely

by Bely

Oh man I thought Victoria has a big cycle culture! ;)

Current

Incoming

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

You might give Baum a call, they are a bit of a drive as they are in Geelong, but they manufacture some very nice bikes!
https://baumcycles.com
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

Bely

by Bely

Ah done - anything more?! Cervelos pinarellos colnagos exotic parts, cool apparel etc...

Current

Incoming

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

Bike force docklands has Pinnarello, Basso, Colnago, Wilier, BMC, Cannondale, Guerciotti and a few other brands.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Bely wrote:Image

Ah done - anything more?! Cervelos pinarellos colnagos exotic parts, cool apparel etc...

Wow, I really like that! Honestly, one of the nicest Baum's I have ever seen! :beerchug:
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

nickcube

by nickcube

Since you're down here it could be a nice time to take advantage of the lower and quicker shipping costs for some of our smaller 'boutique' brands. Fyxo, Maap, Pedla are the main ones but there are some more around that I could think of if i wasn't studying current, I'm sure someone else could add on a couple more brands. Jetnikoff Bicycle Co. in Brunswick might be another shop to head into, and make sure you check out Sydney Rd. too! (A1 Bakery is my tip, isn't fancy but tastes amazing). Shame you aren't in earlier, would have suggested you check out one of our CX races going on

Bely

by Bely

Dang! Definitely gonna pork myself up a little with A1 bakery!!

Current

Incoming

Akennelly

by Akennelly

Are you bringing a bike with you Bely? There's some great riding around here. Could help you out with some bunch rides

Otherwise for shops - North City City cycles is a new boutique that looks pretty cool. Haven't been in there yet myself though.
Could go to Bike Gallery and pick up some Australian designed kit - as well as get a decent coffee.
Saint Cloud and Jetkinoff are really cool too and the guys there are always down for a chat.

Rush

by Rush

Bikebug in Prahran stocks lots of high-end stuff.

I'd definitely try and get a tour of the Baum factory. About a 40 minutes train ride from Melbourne.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com