Any good bike shops - LONDON

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

sawyer wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
greentimgreen wrote:Condor, Bespoke (city branch) and Mosquito are my faves. Pinarello showroom on Lower Regent street is also usually good for some £10k+ steeds!

Well, unfortunately Mosquito is no more. Went into receivership a little while ago and is up for sale. So much for retail being on the up.....

Bit much to base an assessment of retail on the failure of one shop!

The story I have heard from several reps is that outside London they have been closing at an unusually high rate this last 12 months.

sawyer

by sawyer

ultimobici wrote:
sawyer wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
greentimgreen wrote:Condor, Bespoke (city branch) and Mosquito are my faves. Pinarello showroom on Lower Regent street is also usually good for some £10k+ steeds!

Well, unfortunately Mosquito is no more. Went into receivership a little while ago and is up for sale. So much for retail being on the up.....

Bit much to base an assessment of retail on the failure of one shop!

The story I have heard from several reps is that outside London they have been closing at an unusually high rate this last 12 months.

Bricks and mortar that hasn't either specialized in service, or developed a competitive online proposition is f***ed ... and rightly so

But generally the retail bike trade in the UK, not just in London, is booming ...
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I'd be very interested to know where you got that information from.