From Castello to Rapha?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

yinya

by yinya

I live in Brazil, and can attest to the poor Assos service. Crashed my bibs, exchanged emails, receipt, etc. with the representative here (in Rio) and when it came time to shipping, the distributor stopped responding to all emails. Tried a few times more, but with no response, finally gave up and bought a new pair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Quickest route is 70 miles.
80 miles without the ferry which seems like the best route.
As far as bib shorts, choose whatever you like or whatever is clean on the day of departure.
Looks like a good ride. Jealous.

Google Maps: Castello di Amorosa to Rapha:
http://goo.gl/maps/hqk1d7WwQtE2
:lol:
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Synnove

by Synnove

otoman wrote:I will completely disagree with this. Castelli is long on style and fit but the durability of Castelli is miserable, particularly concerning their bibs. I have had 5 pairs in the past couple years (team kit and a separate pair of thermal nano flex bibs); all are in tatters despite gentle cycle washing and hang drying. Utter crap. I have one pair of Sportful thermal bibs which seem to be doing a bit better, they were purchased this past fall so not much history with them yet....

Completely agree; I went through a pair of Body Paint 2.0 and Free Aero shorts before discovering manufacturing defects in the sewing within a week or so. Given the extreme cost of the shorts, I was very put off. Not to mention the climbing jersey started to fall apart as well.

Switched to Twin Six shorts and jersey (made in the USA which is nice) and couldn't be happier.

chorus88

by chorus88

I find the Castelli stuff to be pretty durable.
I'm super impressed with the fit.
However, I'm 5'-6" & 120lbs and I'm careful with my clothes.

When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

My castelli bodypaint 3 skin suit started to come away at the seams rapidly. Sadly this may be more my fault than theirs....

Shrike

by Shrike

uraqt wrote:I am in the pro Castello bibs camp... My body paint bibs are many times better than the assos s5 bibs.

C

Sorry to necro this thread, but found this comment surprising (I love my Assos S5's, I could live in them).

Anyone else think Castelli bibs are better than Assos S5's? They're cheaper so.. would be good.

uraqt

by uraqt

: )

Different fits for different bodies : ) I think the 3 seams of the bodypaint bibs is the way to go they almost feel like you are wearing nothing.

Also the assos s5 pads retain way to much water/sweat compared to the Progetto X2 Air. I don't think the Progetto X2 Air pad will last as long as the assos s5 pad but the bodypaint bibs are 1/2 the cost. Assos new pad is better, in their new marketing when they released S7 they said the the pad dried faster, but I can't find it now.

C

bratz

by bratz

Sorry ..not sure if this is the right place to ask as I have yet to receive a reply from Castelli. Anyone has an M size Free Aero 5.1 jersey might do measuring the armpit to armpit measurements.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VforVonnegut

by VforVonnegut

The real question is: do you want to be a Rapha douche?

micky

by micky

Sadly douche don't wear only an X brand.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

exacto Micky..