Special thanks to my LBS

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Thanks to my LBS,

2 weeks ago I was returning home the last 20 miles of a 45 mile ride. The bad part is that I was caught in a thunderstorm that seems to follow us all the way home. I will tell you that it was some of the worst rain I have seen here in Oregon, since I live in Oregon I see lots of rain and this stuff was nasty...

A couple of days later I was riding on a dry day, riding hills and I noticed creaking, I check everything from handlebars to seat tightness...everything. After each check I rode and found that it was worse and worse and feared that the Creakingdale curse was back after 10k miles. I rode yesterday with lots of climbing and had to Call my LBS yesterday and he got me in today (Easter) and found that my Chris King bearings were totally flushed and a crank bushing was run dry and damaged. It was great to chat with him about all the new stuff coming out and about future upgrades as well while he worked.

Some times I can wrench most of the stuff on the bike however sometimes an expert that see's lots of BB30 challenges is needed. Next trip I need to bring him a 6pk of a local brew, the minimal cost was worth way more.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Good story!

:beerchug:

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Thanks, at time we all post the bad stuff out there. I wanted to share some of the good stuff.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100