OMATA Cycle Computers

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Devon

by Devon

I'd say the latter two aren't common for 99% of riders, however having it tick over 100km would be annoying.

locktopus

by locktopus

Well, the kickstarter price has just been released... Kickstarter starts tomorrow.

$500 for the first 200 units. :? I'm wondering what the cost will be after the Kickstarter is over.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

....bzzzzt. Nope.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mattr

by mattr

locktopus wrote: :? I'm wondering what the cost will be after the Kickstarter is over.
Even less realistic i guess.

racermech

by racermech

But you forgot the best part

"20 numbered Limited Edition OMATA One PLUS a Fondo in the Santa Monica Mountains and breakfast and dinner with Fabian Cancellara and OMATA Founders for $3000"

Cool product, but not $500 cool.

LloydP

by LloydP

As expected, too spendy for me. I like analog, but not that much

locktopus

by locktopus

$599 retail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/om ... peedometer

One day into the campaign and they're 60% funded ($91k/$150k).

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Girl on the cover of the Kickstarter video has bars that are way too wide for her shoulder width.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Holy moly expensive!

It's hit the usual suspects of mainstream cycling websites and I expect it to get over funded very quickly.

Way overpriced tho.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Power/Cadence/HR not available till version 2.0. At the minute, then, it's 500 beer tickets for a (very) pretty Edge 200. No ta.

perwjensen

by perwjensen

Devon wrote:Anyone seen these yet? They look beautiful. They're being released on Kickstarter next month.

OMATA wrote:We believe everything about your bike should be as pure, inspiring and beautiful as the ride itself. That’s why we are building the world’s first analogue GPS bike speedometer.

On the inside, it tracks everything with the same high level of precision that the best cycling computers do, which means all your KOMs can still make it to STRAVA.

On the outside, it’s not only beautifully crafted, it shows the stuff that really matters out there: speed, distance, ascent and duration.

I guess this would be great unless you have a particular need for HR or Cadence whilst racing/training...

http://www.omata.com/
https://www.instagram.com/omata_la/

I does look nice and easy to read, however I do ned directions and power and HR at this stage.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

OMATA wrote:We believe everything about your bike should be as pure, inspiring and beautiful as the ride itself. That’s why we are building the world’s first analogue GPS bike speedometer.

On the inside, it tracks everything with the same high level of precision that the best cycling computers do, which means all your KOMs can still make it to STRAVA.

On the outside, it’s not only beautifully crafted, it shows the stuff that really matters out there: speed, distance, ascent and duration.

"We believe everything about your bike should enable us to make a quick killing selling overpriced "image pieces"".

What annoys me about this whole "toys for boys" element of modern cycling isn't how many startups, especially clothing ones, operate on the belief we are stupid enough to shell out a huge premium for an "inspiring" piece of kit.....
....its that they are right.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

uraqt wrote:wow eurperg

I thought I was the only one !!! I on an old 910 until Garmin get the built in optical HR fixed ... : )

C

I agreed, and for years used Polar HRMs on my wrist. Power changed that though and the ability with a stem-mounted computer to see output whilst climbing. I can see me going back, but only after I give up on power.

caballero

by caballero

I love mechanical watches, so this speaks to me. However I'd not give up my pc7 for one. Especially at $500

Looks cool though !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Leviathan wrote:What annoys me about this whole "toys for boys" element of modern cycling isn't how many startups, especially clothing ones, operate on the belief we are stupid enough to shell out a huge premium for an "inspiring" piece of kit.....
....its that they are right.

that...