Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Vagabond

by Vagabond

Well I finally bought a L1 jersey and put it through it's paces in the hot and humid Mid-Atlantic area and here's my review. I'm coming from a background of using Assos exclusively for several years. The L1 is lighter than any of my Assos jerseys and seems to breath and wick perspiration away just as well. The fit is very comparable to Assos and a little bit more comfortable to be honest as the jersey is more elastic. As a result of the elasticity I think the jersey "clicks" on to the rider a little bit better which no doubt helps with wicking perspiration away. And I love the solid colors. I'm just not a fan of crazy jerseys and over the top advertising, with the exception of Campagnolo. :P I'm going to pick up another in solid white to go with my blue one and put them to the test in the high Alps of Switzerland and Italy in a month and a half. I'll give my opinion of how they perform there later. I hope they prove to be as durable as all my Assos kit. One thing is certain, we are all spoiled to have so many choices in nice kit to choose from. I think back to my racing days in the 80s in the U.S. and what I wore and know we were all hard men for training in that stuff. Especially those of us in the Pacific Northwest.

:beerchug:
Colnago e Campagnolo

kode54

by kode54

good to know that the quality is up there. i was thinking about trying a bib short and jersey out to start, although the new S7 Assos bib shorts have been great so far. in fact, i haven't worn any S5 shorts in awhile now, so i'll have to get rid of them. maybe i'll pick up the Q36.5 bib shorts to start. i just got a pair of Rapha aero bib shorts. not liking it much. the material is nice but the fit is unlike the Assos S7. some of the stitching isn't working for me. i like the straps and the thin cut leg ends with silicone grippers though. good design there.

has anyone tried the Castelli chap. /// stuff out? i'm interested in that as well.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vagabond

by Vagabond

So, I used an L1 jersey pretty heavily in the Alps in conditions ranging from mid-70s in the valleys to the high 30s on some of the higher passes. It's a good piece of gear. The jersey breathes very well and it kept me comfortable across that wide range of temperatures. I did a couple of long descents that started in the 40 degree range with just the jersey, a light base layer, and warmers. I mostly ride with just the jersey but I did a couple of rides with an Assos summer weight base layer underneath. The quality is up there with Assos and I expect the jerseys to last a long time. It's nice to have a high quality option in jerseys with plain styling. I'm not a fan of the rolling billboard look or stripes on the arm or other crazy multi-colored kit. Has anyone tried their three season long sleeve jersey or base layers? Let's have some reviews of some of their other products.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Point

by Point

I've just received the L1 Jersey in Titanium colour, so far really impressed with everything from fit to material. Haven't had a chance to ride in it yet.

I also have a pair of the Salopette Miles Gregarius on the way, so will give a review on them for anyone interested.

Really looking forward to testing the kit out!
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Point

by Point

L1 Jersey - Titanium Colourway

This is a super jersey, I think having used this it'll be hard to go with any other jersey manufacturer. This is either good or bad depending on whether you think £120 is a lot, for me however the jersey is well worth the premium price tag - see below.

Performance - As the brands name suggests, temperature management and control for the body is superb. My body unfortunately runs very hot yet on a recent 25-30°c I didn't overheat or even feel hot. Going into the evening and then night on the same ride the jersey felt different on the body, it felt warm to the touch. Placebo through marketing or not... Performance seemed excellent.

Fit - I struggle to find cycling clothing as I'm by no means a race whippet. Broad shoulders and a beer lovers stomach doesn't quite match Italian slim. The jersey however is very well cut, coupled with the stretchy fabric results in a form yet flattering fit. Q36.5 do say tugging can occur when stood off the bike as the jersey is cut for on bike positioning, I did find this to be the case but this soon went once positioned on the bike. I did notice a little flapping in the wind on the shoulders, this stopped after undoing the zip slightly.

Salopette Miles Gregarius - Titanium

Great pair of bibs, sizing seems pretty good. The legs are neither too long or too short. The shoulder straps are the correct length with a good amount of stretch. I recommend being conscious of waist sizing though.

Performance - Very breathable bibs, enhanced by the super thin almost mesh like shoulder/back strap. Leg grippers will not be letting the shorts ride up.

Chamois - Just wow, supremely comfortable so far. Ventilated pretty well, well padded and stays in position.

Although both the L1 jersey and Miles Gregarius shorts are named "Titanium", they are not the same colour, something I was already aware of, but worth letting others know. Though they differ, they go well together with the green accents on both.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Instagram

nohands

by nohands

A few questions for those with L1 jersey and bibs.
Do the pockets sag on the jersey? The pockets on all the light jerseys I have tend to sag and move around when riding.
How is the chamois on the bibs?

Thx.

cymans

by cymans

Hi,
I have a few Q36.5 products, and a i can say i have had no issues with sagging pockets on the L1 jersey.
Great quality, and the pads are excellent. Iv'e always been a an assos man but now switched over to Que :-)

Cyman.

Point

by Point

nohands wrote:A few questions for those with L1 jersey and bibs.
Do the pockets sag on the jersey? The pockets on all the light jerseys I have tend to sag and move around when riding.
How is the chamois on the bibs?

Thx.

I'd like to echo what cymans has said!

The L1 jersey pockets in no way sag. The whole main material of the jersey is pretty elasticated, and the pockets are made of the same thing. They actually hold everything really steady and in place.

The chamois is fantastic. Haven't used a comfier one prior to this. Stays in position 95% of the time and absorbs sweat well.

If you're worried about paying £££ for Q36.5's kit, dont. It's well worth it.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Instagram

gwilliams

by gwilliams

Both myself and partner have been using some of Q36.5's clothing during this year.

Both of us the the L1 Jersey and can confirm the pockets are spot on, and do not sag when loaded up. We tend to do quite big days, and carry rain cape, bars, essentials case and phone. One of the things we noticed was how well the pockets performed and the Jersey stayed in place when are loaded up.

The fabric performs really well in relation to wicking, drys quickly and seems to hold off wind chill on descents quite well.

The full zip is easy to use and stays smooth.

I have since brought the R1 jersey in flower power design. The fit is very slightly more relaxed, and the fabric has a slightly more open weave-pockets are as per L1, as is the zip. This is also proving to be a great jersey.

The Hybrid Que Long Sleeve Jersey is really worth checking out-I have never used such a high performing long sleeve. The Jersey is light, but the blend of wind block and breathable fabric is spot on.

The L1 vest looks good, and I am sure will work well with all of the above.

I have recently obtained the Dottore, and Wolf Hybrid Salopette's. The initial fit feels superb, and I hear nothing but good things about these shorts.

Q36.5 Plus socks are really comfortable. Low bulk, but warm.

Their phone case is really useful and the bright colours it's offered in can make locating your phone nice and easy, plus provides protection.

There are some images of the the L1 in use within http://www.stillbiking.com. Instagram account's are grant.williams1973 and emma.tang1976

Hope this info helps.

gswfan

by gswfan

Gwilliams

The Hybrid Que Long Sleeve Jersey , totally agree.
Fantastic jersey, super comfortable, no sagging pockets at all.
I bit tight on the arms, unless one is super skinny.
Costly, but Q36.5 is nice if you want something new, with imo very high quality.
This will be my go to long sleeve jersey.
For me, I cannot stand pockets that sag.

gwilliams

by gwilliams

Same, the Hybrid Que is superb, and the fit, design and fabrics across the range is really good.

gswfan wrote:Gwilliams

The Hybrid Que Long Sleeve Jersey , totally agree.
Fantastic jersey, super comfortable, no sagging pockets at all.
I bit tight on the arms, unless one is super skinny.
Costly, but Q36.5 is nice if you want something new, with imo very high quality.
This will be my go to long sleeve jersey.
For me, I cannot stand pockets that sag.

BRM

by BRM

micky wrote: (99,9% made in italy).

For whats the term word these days.
Probably in a factory that is in Chinese hands and is full of imported Chinese workers . . . :wink:

Like in Prato Toscane are working 50.000 Chinese in the clothing industry.

micky

by micky

In that answer I was talking of local clubs/teams/people who often have local brands.

If you want to come, I will gladly bring you to visit a couple of them in my area as an example, where you can see the italian workers yourself.

kgt

by kgt

I think that Italy still has many local cycling related factories (frames, components, wheels, clothes, helmets, etc. etc.) with local engineers, managers and workers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com