Cycling in Italy - Riccione area

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Going in holiday injuly to Italy in the Riccione area.
I'm allowed to take my bike so Iw as wondering if womebody could have som einfo on cyclingroute or gps files?
Maybe somebody from Italy who is willing to ride together some days?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

I'm not from around there but I've been near there last summer. A bit more land inwards but I could recommend riding the Monte Carpegna if you are willing to travel a bit before getting there. It's not the biggest mountain and mostly in the woods but it's steep! The biggest reason of riding it is that it's full of cycling history, mostly Pantani related as it was his training climb, really nice cycling atmosphere while climbing.
Here some pictures of my ride there.
There is way more memorabilia while riding but it's more fun discovering that while suffering :)

I've only been in the area for a few days (was just passing thru while going from Monte Grappa to Passo Lancianno/Blockhaus and couldn't resist riding Carpegna) But i liked it. The roads were in bad shape but the area land inwards was beautiful, a bit like Tuscany.
Some pictures of the region (this was in Gemmano).

micky

by micky

I've personally never been there myself but I've been told from many guys that there's group rides of husbands :lol: in (early?) mornings.
If I happen to remember who was the last one telling me I will ask if they meet at any specific place.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Terrabici website should have some ideas for routes and other things around the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crewman

by crewman

bruno2000 wrote:Going in holiday injuly to Italy in the Riccione area.
I'm allowed to take my bike so Iw as wondering if womebody could have som einfo on cyclingroute or gps files?
Maybe somebody from Italy who is willing to ride together some days?

I was there in July last year and stayed at hotel Poker. During the summer there are no bike guides and found this web site that had routes
http://www.riccionebikehotels.it/en/routes

I was able to Download them to my garmin.
"It's all about the Tempo"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Thank you for the info.
'husbands groupride in the morning' woul dbe a nice option.