Ribblecycles's new website

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nd2rc

by nd2rc

I believe my wife said USPS dropped it off

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

just ordered using untracked shipping to the USA (royal mail -> usps ?) dispatched next day arrived in 4 days

Canofale

by Canofale

Wow, guys from around the world having all kinds of hassle shipping from Ribble, I live just down the road from them and don't shop there.
2015 Caad10 Ultegra 7.1kg
2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 6.6kg

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I placed one order with Ribble and one with Wiggle yesterday evening (Mar 31). The race is on!

Wiggle won the dispatch race - 14 hrs. Although in fairness, it was a very simple order, Ribble order had way more things.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Not surprised to see this, as I have had problems as well. Took a month for a shipment to arrive as the items were in stock. Those items continued to be in stock and my order remained as pending throughout. Was going to post, but now I see there's no need as this one was started.

Man, they used to be good!

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Ordered some Assos bibs on Thursday and chose the normal Royal mail delivery and they arrived yesterday! (North of England to South of England) so can't complain at all. As for the new website I am not a big fan, I find it NO improvement and whatever happened to A to Z?? Ribble have always been my mail order choice and hopefully will continue to be so.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

bikerjulio wrote:
LouisN wrote:In association with this topic (drifting a little to shipping charges), I "tried" Chainreaction for the first time last week. Their price (in CAN $) on Shimano shoes was appealing, and they claim free shipping so I bought a pair for $168CAN.
When I received the DHL notice, I had to Pay $76.CAN ... :o !! I was expecting the usual taxes, but almost half the price of the item in fees :o !!
I guess for some online stores, now, the "free shipping" option means "temporarely free" and the buyer has to pay for all the charges, including the transport/ broker company shipping fees... :?

Louis :)

Wiggle did this to me once and I started what turned into a mammoth thread on RBR.

If one checks "free shipping" as I did with Wiggle, and then they send via a courier (also DHL), who they should know will charge the end user, then that's plainly a deceptive practice as far as I'm concerned.

You should at least let CR know of your unhappiness.

I order from Ribble, Wiggle and Pro Bike Kit and don't find Chain Reaction much cheaper than the others.
In terms of duty and taxes.
Pro Bike Kit - always gets hit for taxes.
Wiggle - most have not been hit by duties, one order over Xmas, the duties and taxes were 50% of the value. Just told the post office (Canada Post_ to Return to Sender and refused the shipment.
Ribble - never been hit with duties, but most of the time Taxes and handling fee.

I think it is just the luck of the draw.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

My Ribble package arrived today - 1 week exactly to the Niagara riveira. So, they beat Wiggle.

No taxes.

One.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What was the value of goods if you mind me asking? I'm not in Canada (US), but I received some wheels and the DHL bill of 10% didn't arrive for a couple of months. I really think it's luck of the draw when passing through customs. It wasn't Ribble either, but regardless of who it's from it still needs to pass through customs, and I guess at that point it depends on which customs broker takes a look at it, if they even bother. I cross back and forth across the border quite a lot by car, and despite having Nexus privileges etc., every now and then they will pull me into their interrogation area and ransack my car and ask me a bunch of questions. So I never mess with trying to pull a fast one through the border these days. I imagine sometimes it's a random process as to which items get selected at customs for further scrutiny as well.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Value was $250 CAN or about $190 US.

Shipped through Parcelforce who hand off to Canada Post.

The consensus here is that around 25-30% of packages handled this way get hit with Canadian sales tax of 13% plus a fixed fee from CP ($5? I've forgotten).

One.

crewman

by crewman

crewman wrote:
bikerjulio wrote:
I pointed the CEO to your first post on this. Keep the paperwork, scan and post if you can. Plus any clues on the package.

I believe that they will be genuinely interested to know how the package landed in the hands of FedEx.

I predict the charges will be HST + "brokerage fees"

I pulled the FEDEX slip and this is how they broke down the fees.
$39.02 duty under classification 8712.00.00.90 Bicycles and other cycles (including delivery tricycles), not motorized. at 13% duty
$44.10 HST @ 13%
$10.00 Brokerage fee
$1.30 HST on the brokerage

We all know there is no tax on bike components and only on the WHOLE BIKE.

Also the package was in a Parcel force bag and the sticker did say "Global Express". I will update if/when I receive my bill from FEDEX.

The saga continues.
FEDEX did sent me a bill for the shipment. I contested the duty and they removed it and are sending me a new bill. I cannot believe how this company stays in business. Ive had the item now for over a month and they still have none of my money.
"It's all about the Tempo"

sanrensho

by sanrensho

I'm pleased to say that Ribble seems to be back to normal. I held back on placing orders with them when reports of shipping/courier issues started to surface, and also noticed that their pricing increased.

Prices now seem to have returned to normal competitive levels and my last order went smoothly. Order placed last Friday and received today (Thursday), effectively four business days to Vancouver, Canada. Possibly the fastest I have ever received a shipment from the UK.

Box is marked Parcelforce Global Priority and was dropped off by Canada Post...no extra charges.

Ribble is back at the top of my list.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

Received a pair of the new vittoria G+ clinchers, delivery time 11 days to the US via post office, no additional charges.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Just sent another email to dribble. Used them many times since living in the UAE but since the new website, I can't seem to get it to give me a quote for shipping which would then allow me to move to the payment page.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

Yes, they are having issues. I was just on their " live chat". I sent 4 messages, got no reply, it said rep is leaving conversation, then they asked me to rate the experience. I said "wonderful. for your competition".