Ribblecycles's new website

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AJS914

by AJS914

Well, their old website was horribly slow and it could never remember my choice for dollars/USA plus it would log me out after a short period of time. Let's hope this is just some growing pains and it will back to business as usual.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

The new CEO assures me that the communication glitches are temporary. He has also promised that the shipping partner, Parcelforce, will not change.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Dalai

by Dalai

bikerjulio wrote:The new CEO assures me that the communication glitches are temporary.

They better improve or will find there will be an exodus of customers!

I'm fine with my orders from OS taking a bit longer due to the much better prices and from experience Ribble orders usually do sit for a couple of days which if fine. But this time an order placed on the 4th still marked as processing!

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Dalai wrote:
bikerjulio wrote:The new CEO assures me that the communication glitches are temporary.

They better improve or will find there will be an exodus of customers!

I'm fine with my orders from OS taking a bit longer due to the much better prices and from experience Ribble orders usually do sit for a couple of days which if fine. But this time an order placed on the 4th still marked as processing!

That sounds like the problem they had between 2 systems. Possibly your order has actually shipped.

I'd agree that it's not a good start for the new guys.

I only got my temp password after 2 tries in 2 days, and a note to the CEO.

One.

shillc

by shillc

I just received an order in Canada after a week. I did not receive any confirmation of shipping but that can be attributed to changes.

For the first time ever with Ribble, I was levied 16% import duty.

I have informed them that was my final order with them.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

shillc wrote:I just received an order in Canada after a week. I did not receive any confirmation of shipping but that can be attributed to changes.

For the first time ever with Ribble, I was levied 16% import duty.

I have informed them that was my final order with them.

I'm in Canada as well.

We are all subject to import duty and HST when things are being imported. Canada Post will charge a small fee as well. This is nothing to do with Ribble.

Because of intermittent collection as things are imported, we often escape these things. Over many purchases from the UK I would say that it's reported that approximately 30% of the time we get charged when the shipper is Parcelforce who hand off to Canada Post.

You are completely in the wrong to be blaming Ribble.

One.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

There is no duty on bike parts in Canada. Just hst and Canada post handling fee. Not sure where 16% came from.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

goodboyr wrote:There is no duty on bike parts in Canada. Just hst and Canada post handling fee. Not sure where 16% came from.

13% + $5 fee ?

Many people don't bother to read the invoice.

If it really was "duty" then he'd have had HST and fee on top as well.

Either way, nothing to do with Ribble.

One.

boysa

by boysa

It especially is not Ribble's fault if their shipping courier has remained the same. IIRC, the problem with PBK was when they switched to a different delivery service who was more likely to have import fees/customs duties applied to orders. Obviously it is something we all want to avoid, and one of the reasons I have not ordered from PBK since.

I have one order outstanding from Ribble, so I'll see if I get hit with any customs fees when it arrives. I'll keep my fingers crossed they get this all sorted out. To be honest, once I place an order, I don't think I've ever gone back and looked at it on their website. I just wait for it to arrive. Always takes about the same amount of time.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

boysa wrote:It especially is not Ribble's fault if their shipping courier has remained the same. IIRC, the problem with PBK was when they switched to a different delivery service who was more likely to have import fees/customs duties applied to orders. Obviously it is something we all want to avoid, and one of the reasons I have not ordered from PBK since.

I have one order outstanding from Ribble, so I'll see if I get hit with any customs fees when it arrives. I'll keep my fingers crossed they get this all sorted out. To be honest, once I place an order, I don't think I've ever gone back and looked at it on their website. I just wait for it to arrive. Always takes about the same amount of time.

The complaint was from a Canadian. Here we have a fairly universal sales tax which applies to all imports. Which I believe is what he got hit with.

From my readings it seems like US customers would not normally be charged sales tax. And fairly rarely duty.

The UK's Parcelforce would normally hand off to USPS. If something different happens, we'd all like to hear.

One.

shillc

by shillc

I only received the slip so far, so I can confirm the invoice later today, however in the past 8 shipments from Ribble, I was not charged tax or any other fees.

I made an error on duty, what I typically get charged and quite highly at times from other sites, i.e. CC is brokerage fees, on top of sales tax.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

shillc wrote:I only received the slip so far, so I can confirm the invoice later today, however in the past 8 shipments from Ribble, I was not charged tax or any other fees.

I made an error on duty, what I typically get charged and quite highly at times from other sites, i.e. CC is brokerage fees, on top of sales tax.

It just means you were lucky on the past purchases from Ribble.

If this latest is via Canada Post, (assuming that's what you mean by " the slip"), then it's just one of those times you get charged.

Is it CP?

One.

micky

by micky

Im having a bit of an issue right now with Ribble as my order was made on 28th February and I emailed them to ask an update some days ago; they answered yesterday by saying that they were obbligated to refound me part of the order cause some products were not on stock (they were when I purchased).
All fine beside the fact that I didnt get any refound.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

As I said, there is no duty in Canada on bike parts, so if you did get charged duty, instead of just tax you can get it refunded.

emorydptt

by emorydptt

I'm in Florida. Purchased a groupset on 03/07 atound 6PM local. Received Today 03/12 around 11AM. Status on their site still indicated processing.
Shipping a lot faster then expected. NO duties or extra fees.
Thanks Ribble!
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com