Ribblecycles's new website

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

still waiting on my 2nd order .. I was told it was sent thru Royal Mail so 6-12days .. the other order which I received in 5 days was thru Parcel Force.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

The website seems to be a bit out of sorts but they are answering the phones. I just called and was able to speak to someone who told me my order placed earlier this week would be going out today.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Few things.. I ordered from the new website the day it changed and payed via paypal.. funny next morning they refunded me my paypal payment, and then sent me a request for the payment again... I called paypal and told them to just redirect the refund back, they said they couldn't as the funds "weren't there" I ended up resubmitting the payment, and had my order minus handlebar tape which was supposed to be in stock in 4 days (shipped Tuesday, arrived Winnipeg on Friday) The refunded balance took 4 days, and then of course another 3 days to transfer back to my bank account.. you know as paypal makes interest on my money... The bar tape arrived about 10 days later..

Also regarding taxes in Canada.. there is no duty UNLESS you order a complete bike.. there is no duty on parts... but beware.. the customs officials sometimes see the parts as being rather "expensive" and mark it as a complete bike and nail you duty...its really lame because now I have to PAY the entire amount owing just to get the package released, only to have to send the receipt back with an explanation, AND get charged a service fee for their F up!! There is duty on clothing coming from Europe... but it all depends on where its coming from and who is shipping it.. I find anything that comes in DHL always gets nailed to the max for what they can get out of you...

crewman

by crewman

sanrensho wrote:
crewman wrote:Not happy my order was shipped FEDEX and will see about the the make up of the $94.12 customs charge.

Do you still happen to have the shipping waybill/box?

If so, is there any indication or marking referring to "GlobalValue" or "GlobalPriority"? I believe that GlobalValue is the standard Parcelforce service that Ribble has been using now, based on the Parcelforce description.

I wonder if Ribble might now be using PF GlobalPriority for some shipments, which promises faster delivery possibly due to being handed off to a courier service such as Fedex or UPS.

So I had to pick up the parcel form the Depot as they tried to deliver twice. The package did have a duty slip on the outside and it says 94.42 but they never collected the duty when I picked it up.
Im waiting now for letter from FEDEX for the collection of the duties. I will pull the slip tonight and get the low down on what was exactly charged.

Its funny when I opened up the first plastic wrap I found the inside had the familiar Blue plastic wrap.
"It's all about the Tempo"

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

crewman wrote:
So I had to pick up the parcel form the Depot as they tried to deliver twice. The package did have a duty slip on the outside and it says 94.42 but they never collected the duty when I picked it up.
Im waiting now for letter from FEDEX for the collection of the duties. I will pull the slip tonight and get the low down on what was exactly charged.

Its funny when I opened up the first plastic wrap I found the inside had the familiar Blue plastic wrap.

I pointed the CEO to your first post on this. Keep the paperwork, scan and post if you can. Plus any clues on the package.

I believe that they will be genuinely interested to know how the package landed in the hands of FedEx.

I predict the charges will be HST + "brokerage fees"
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

LouisN

by LouisN

In association with this topic (drifting a little to shipping charges), I "tried" Chainreaction for the first time last week. Their price (in CAN $) on Shimano shoes was appealing, and they claim free shipping so I bought a pair for $168CAN.
When I received the DHL notice, I had to Pay $76.CAN ... :o !! I was expecting the usual taxes, but almost half the price of the item in fees :o !!
I guess for some online stores, now, the "free shipping" option means "temporarely free" and the buyer has to pay for all the charges, including the transport/ broker company shipping fees... :?

Louis :)

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

LouisN wrote:In association with this topic (drifting a little to shipping charges), I "tried" Chainreaction for the first time last week. Their price (in CAN $) on Shimano shoes was appealing, and they claim free shipping so I bought a pair for $168CAN.
When I received the DHL notice, I had to Pay $76.CAN ... :o !! I was expecting the usual taxes, but almost half the price of the item in fees :o !!
I guess for some online stores, now, the "free shipping" option means "temporarely free" and the buyer has to pay for all the charges, including the transport/ broker company shipping fees... :?

Louis :)

Wiggle did this to me once and I started what turned into a mammoth thread on RBR.

If one checks "free shipping" as I did with Wiggle, and then they send via a courier (also DHL), who they should know will charge the end user, then that's plainly a deceptive practice as far as I'm concerned.

You should at least let CR know of your unhappiness.

One.

crewman

by crewman

bikerjulio wrote:
I pointed the CEO to your first post on this. Keep the paperwork, scan and post if you can. Plus any clues on the package.

I believe that they will be genuinely interested to know how the package landed in the hands of FedEx.

I predict the charges will be HST + "brokerage fees"

I pulled the FEDEX slip and this is how they broke down the fees.
$39.02 duty under classification 8712.00.00.90 Bicycles and other cycles (including delivery tricycles), not motorized. at 13% duty
$44.10 HST @ 13%
$10.00 Brokerage fee
$1.30 HST on the brokerage

We all know there is no tax on bike components and only on the WHOLE BIKE.

Also the package was in a Parcel force bag and the sticker did say "Global Express". I will update if/when I receive my bill from FEDEX.
"It's all about the Tempo"

Westbank

by Westbank

I thought Ribble was shipping packages to Canada via Royal Mail. Once in Canada, isn't Canada Post supposed to take over the packages ?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

crewman wrote:Also the package was in a Parcel force bag and the sticker did say "Global Express". I will update if/when I receive my bill from FEDEX.

Bingo. So Ribble shipped your order via ParcelForce's express/priority service that gets handed over to a courier and incurs extra charges.

I would bet that the orders shipping using PF GlobalValue are arriving via Canada Post/USPS as they have been until now.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

I just ordered a bunch of stuff last Tuesday, and it was delivered yesterday. Easy cheesy!

sanrensho

by sanrensho

nd2rc wrote:I just ordered a bunch of stuff last Tuesday, and it was delivered yesterday. Easy cheesy!

Was your package marked "(Parcelforce) Global Value"?

nismosr

by nismosr

My order March 3 arrived at the post office March 17 and I just went to pick it up today. they left me a registered notice on my mailbox .as usual no fees!
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nd2rc

by nd2rc

it was sent Parcel Force: Global Priority

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

nd2rc wrote:it was sent Parcel Force: Global Priority

you omitted to say who delivered it.

One.