Cycling.tv review?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Who uses Cycling.tv and what are the opinions on it? Read some older reviews where people said they made it difficult to cancel their subscriptions.

I'd love some feedback before the weekend. Thanks.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

It's simply terrible and not worth it. They refuse to update their technology, which is the nail int he coffin.

There are so many ways to watch races on feeds from Europe or the UCI YouTube Channel that paying money for terrible quality and worse customer service isn't a viable option.

They had a chance to really capture the market and offer a great product, but they were complacent and missed the opportunity. I'm actually surprised they are still in business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Reading Velonews' article today about cycling coverage in the US is pretty depressing. Only a Recap show for Paris-Roubaix! what are the alternatives to cycling.tv that you refer to?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I just hate scrambling to find a feed from Steephill to watch races live in the US. It's pretty crazy they can't get their shit together and take my money for a decent option to watch all the major races.

tinozee

by tinozee

You guys gotta start getting torrents. Google cycling torrents. There is one site to rule them all. You can build a good share ratio there and pretty much get all Eurosport and Sporza coverage for free. There may be a moratorium on new memberships but you can get probably invite if you ask. Also Wheels group caps a lot of the big events in HD. I can't stand watching ad-laden TV, SD or web streams.

tinozee

by tinozee

Have already seen entire 2016 tours of Jayco, TDU, Dubai, Oman, Andalucia, Algarve. They share all world tour races and even many continentals. All classics, all grand tours, huge archive of past events too.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thanks. I have to be honest and say I have no idea what a torrent is but I'll google it.

commendatore

by commendatore

I know of this place. But I know not where to obtain an invite.

nohands

by nohands

It's pretty much impossible to watch cycling in the U.S. NBCSports requires a fee and every five minutes there's a commercial. So, yes, the only recourse I have is to download. If there was a commercial-free option that had quality streams I would pay for it.

tinozee

by tinozee

I totally agree. If Eurosport was available in US i would buy the channel.

Priit

by Priit

tinozee wrote:I totally agree. If Eurosport was available in US i would buy the channel.

Isn't Eurosport Player service available in US? At least their slogan is "Watch Eurosport Live Anytime, Anywhere" :)

nohands

by nohands

"Watch Eurosport Live Anytime, Anywhere" (in the European Union)

No, U.S. is blocked. but there is hope

AndreLM

by AndreLM

I use Witopia to create a VPN to Europe and watch through Eurosport Player. Have to sign (and pay for) both, but the quality is decent and you can watch almost all major races live.

If you sign Witopia, you can also VPN to Brazil, and watch CX Worlds and World Cup in UCI YouTube channel for free.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com