Naples, FL - any good riding routes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

I will be in Naples tomorrow and bringing my bike and I will be there until Saturday next week. Any suggestions for where to ride. I will stay on 109th Avenue North i Naples. Something around 30 miles I could do daily.

Thanks,

Claus

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Check in with Naples Cyclery, or Paradise Bicycles in Ft. Meyers. There are plenty of good group rides in the area.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

+1 for Naples Cyclery. I was down there for a conference a couple years ago, and it seemed at the time that there was a well attended ride almost every morning.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

My turn. What are the local routes? Have little kids on vacation, so probably can't make a group ride. Maybe send some strava activities

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

depending on when youre going there might not be any routes with Cat 5 Hurricane Irma likely to hit Florida...

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Just saw that. Strava KOMs here I come.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

I've ridden in Naples several times --- my parents live down there. Honestly, there is a crap-ton of traffic (compared to what I'm normally in), and a huge amount of debris tossed into the side of the road. I have a 60 mile loop I do: north Imperial Hwy, west on Alico, to Sumerlin (west) then southbound on Estero.

I suppose I could also go east into the Everglades, but its also pan-flat and similar traffic.

ALSO, I've rented from Naples Cyclery, in addition to sometimes taking my own bike down there. If I'm honest, I'd give the experience a B to B-. Naples Cyclery was fine, but they seemed rather uninterested in my rental or my money. IIRK, I've gotten a Cervelo S3 there and carried my Powertap pedals.

YMMV. I'm going back down in mid-October, and probably not going to ride at all...

CBJ

by CBJ

Agree a lot of traffic but at least there are bike lanes you can ride. Was nice to ride in the warm weather but not the most fun rides I did.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smartyiak

by smartyiak

CBJ wrote:Agree a lot of traffic but at least there are bike lanes you can ride. Was nice to ride in the warm weather but not the most fun rides I did.

This. Boring and flat...or flat and boring. You know it's flat when you seek overpasses and bridges just to break up the monotony. Did I mention flat??? :D