Specialized getting a taste of their own medicine.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mattr

by mattr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NealH

by NealH

Much to do about nothing. This type stuff goes on all the time in consumer goods (Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, etc, etc). That particular case goes back to 2008 so its doubtful there is any settlement involved. As I said, lots to do about nothing.

53x12

by 53x12

Neal, it doesn't matter if the case goes back to 2008. It was until this month that it was resolved. "On February 4, 2016, the Federal Circuit affirmed the PTAB’s decision in a Rule 36 summary affirmance."

Remember, court cases are especially slow to work through the system. Sounds like the court system got one right this time.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

CBJ

by CBJ

If nothing else good marketing for Stans from all of this.

bura

by bura

mattr thanks for sharing. I love it.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NealH

by NealH

53x12 wrote:Neal, it doesn't matter if the case goes back to 2008. It was until this month that it was resolved. "On February 4, 2016, the Federal Circuit affirmed the PTAB’s decision in a Rule 36 summary affirmance."

Remember, court cases are especially slow to work through the system. Sounds like the court system got one right this time.

Yes, I agree they got this one right. I am just commenting that court cases and litigation with regards to intellectual property is very common in industry. It is happening all the time. Many times the violations are not intentional. Other times, each side feels they have a legal standing - in which it ultimately goes to court. It doesn't sound like this one has major implications from what I've read.

But intellectual property rights is a hallmark of our democracy and believe me, I am all for it - electrical, mechanical, pharmaceutical and bicycle. All of it.