Rain/Wind jacket with LONG sleeves?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Devon

by Devon

I've been struggling for years to find a decent rain jacket that fits my arms. My issue being that I'm Bradley Wiggins build (but taller) and have arms that must have come from some sort of monkey. I can get jackets that fit nicely around my torso (usually a race cut), but they are always tight on the shoulders, and about 3-4" too short in the arm. I recently tried on a Pearl Izumi PRO Aero WXB, which in terms of build is exactly what I want; but I had the same sizing issue. Does anyone know of a brand who makes something that suits?

It's worth noting that I'm not really able to stretch to Rapha/Assos level pricing.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Gabba?
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Find the one that you like the most and fit you the most; then go to any local shop that do sewing job and ask them to get it fitted to your size.
That's what I did a couple of times especially with clothing given by team.

Devon

by Devon

Nefarious86 wrote:Gabba?

Ideally I want a proper shell jacket that can be worn over a thermal/winter jersey. I only really wear a rain jacket when it's torrential rain, which I don't believe a Gabba would be suitable for? I have been considering a Gabba type jersey for some time though.

micky wrote:Find the one that you like the most and fit you the most; then go to any local shop that do sewing job and ask them to get it fitted to your size.
That's what I did a couple of times especially with clothing given by team.

Not a bad idea actually. I guess that would then mean getting an XXXXXXXL to get the sleeve length and then getting most of the body removed? :lol:

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Not elegant, but I find the DHB softshell jacket(s) to have longer sleeves.

wrenegade

by wrenegade

I find the POC essential/AVIP rain jacket to have quite long sleeves.

Devon

by Devon

wrenegade wrote:I find the POC essential/AVIP rain jacket to have quite long sleeves.

That's interesting - I've been looking at that kit for a while, I really like it!

scottw1987

by scottw1987

A few guys I ride with use the POC rain jacket and they both think it's excellent in comparison to anything else they've tried, one used to ride for Rapha Condor and the other used to use a Rapha rain jacket so they have good experience of other equipment.

Although personally after buying a Parentini Mossa I don't feel they need to even carry a rain cape/shell anymore. It's a soft shell gabba esque jacket that is completely waterproof. Infact I've sold my Rapha Pro team jacket and race cape as they are no longer needed in my cycling wardrobe.

But if you want to keep it cheap - Madison Apex rain jacket is meant to be superb for the money. Can't comment on the arm length as it's fairly personal, but if you try it and it's short find some longer gloves!

prototoast

by prototoast

I'm 181 cm with an equal wingspan and weigh 80 kgs. I have found both the medium and large size jackets from Showers Pass to have sleeves that are too long for me. You might want to try them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

I was looking at some of their stuff a year or so ago, looked quite nice so will take another look thanks. Interesting re size though. I'm 196cm, 77kg and usually wear a small to get the fit slim enough.