Looking for a skin/speedsuit from brands similar to maap etc

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nickcube

by nickcube

Hi all
Been on the look for a nice skin suit to wear out on nice flat rides during the summer and i've come close but can't seem to find something that is exactly what i'd like. I've had a look at maap, the pedla, ten speed hero and they're all similar to what I'd really like but probably a bit too flashy for what I'd like. I did see Kern cycling but they're not taking orders currently. While castelli do have some nice stuff it's not the exact style I'm looking for. Can anyone point me to some companies which would be worth looking at?
Any help or pointers would be absolutely awesome, cheers

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Podium? https://www.podiumwear.com/

Corbah? https://www.corbah.com/
The Corbah GC Peloton suit has two rear pockets for the real world. It is black and white - can't get much less flashy than that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romalor

by romalor

go on ebay , tape '' skin suit cycling ''
and choose

I've bought new road suit from BMC and bora argon nice quality , pockets for 65 70 euros delivered

Marin

by Marin

Real or counterfeit?

nickcube

by nickcube

Marin wrote:Real or counterfeit?

Not really fussed about that, just something of nice quality and the design of the smaller niche brands but a bit more subtile

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Check out the Nalini Seano. Understated graphics, really high quality construction, usable for road racing too. Backcountry/SteepandCheap have had it for $100 lately. A large fits really tight in a good way on me, 180cm, 75kgs.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Castelli Body Paint 3 is pretty low key

edit... I read pockets and still didn't click haha. And you've already mentioned Castelli. My bad sorry.

Westbank

by Westbank

Attaquer has the "Give Them Hell" skin suit. It's all black but the logos are pink sadly.
https://attaquercycling.com/shop/give-hell-skinsuit/

If you want a stealth looking skin suit you can look at the Rapha Pro Team Aerosuit or the Nalini Seano Skinsuit

nickcube

by nickcube

ultyguy wrote:Check out the Nalini Seano. Understated graphics, really high quality construction, usable for road racing too. Backcountry/SteepandCheap have had it for $100 lately. A large fits really tight in a good way on me, 180cm, 75kgs.

I think the nalini is as close as to what I'd really like, I'm 172cm/59kgs so would a small fit me? I'm a small in castelli and that fits brilliantly. Now I've got to try and get one into Australia!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hmm, you'd be pretty borderline. I have a San Remo in a L and it fits much more 'normal', not really ski suit tight while the L Seano is 'get your wife/gf to help you put it on' but great once on. I'm a 40in chest and 32 waist while would've put me between M/L on the Nalini chart on competitive cyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickcube

by nickcube

ultyguy wrote:Hmm, you'd be pretty borderline. I have a San Remo in a L and it fits much more 'normal', not really ski suit tight while the L Seano is 'get your wife/gf to help you put it on' but great once on. I'm a 40in chest and 32 waist while would've put me between M/L on the Nalini chart on competitive cyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did a bit of digging and it turns out the seano was 2015 summer i believe and the replacement for it is the "pro race crit" It's got a similar look to what I like but finding a small so far has yielded no results which means it'll just be a waiting game, cheers for the recommendation!