Fizik now made in China...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Finally received my Fizik R4B shoes I had pre-ordered last year. They are replacing a set of the original R3 which are my favorite shoe.
Fizik site has always stated "Handmade in Italy" on the shoe pages, but I was curious that the new R1B and the R4B do not say this on the page. To my not so surprise they are indeed made in China.

Not saying that they are bad, still look like a quality shoe. Less quality than the leather R3 they are replacing.
As of right now all I have is 30min test on my rollers and the fit feel good. The carbon injected (read plastic) sole is a little flexible but cant say if that is a bad thing until real riding time.

* Will update the post once I get some rides on.

ImageImage
Last edited by duvivr6 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

The high range is made in Italy, the lower range in China.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

The original R3 doesn't have that much real leather in it. the heel and nose piece are kangaroo leather, the rest is microtex.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

duvivr6

by duvivr6

R5b, per Fizik's website say handmade in Italy.

Only the R1b and the R4b don't say it.

It's all good I still like Fizik the same just a bit disappointed. I bought their shoes for a reason.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

duvivr6 wrote:
It's all good I still like Fizik the same just a bit disappointed. I bought their shoes for a reason.

I purchase things for the same reason among others. I love Sidi and the Wires I ride with are made in Italy but they've shifted some production to Romania. I'm more than happy to pay more if it will support a local bike shop or if it will keep crafstman employed in their native countries. Not that I have anything against the Chinese. I just hate the idea of decent jobs and wages moving abroad to people who will barely get by on the new wages all for decreasing costs and increasing profits. Pisses me off.
Colnago e Campagnolo