Charity cycle ride: London to Cannes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

polaris

by polaris

I'm hoping there are some generous souls on here, and if you don't ask, you don't get...

For six days in March, I will be joining over a hundred other riders on an a 1,500km, six-day charity cycle from London to Cannes ahead of MIPIM, the annual international property conference. Several days of the ride will see some participants covering more than 300km over 14 hours, with everyone completing at least 100km on each of these days. My target is to complete at least 1,000km.

I'll be riding my trusty Cannondale six13 which I've slowly been upgrading in anticipation. Should be about 7.3kg for the ride - comfort has to be a bit of a factor when you're riding 1,000km! I put up some pics shortly.

I’ve committed to raising £3,000 for charity, but would like to raise even more! The main beneficiary will be Coram, the UK’s oldest children’s charity which finds adoptive families for some of the UK’s most vulnerable children (www.coram.org.uk). You can find out more about the ride and the other charities that the event will support at http://www.clubpeloton.org/index.php/mipim/

I don't often ask for sponsorship, so hopefully you can dig deep for this deserving one time request, helping children who don't have the homes and family we all take for granted. All funds will go towards my fundraising goal as the ride has been paid for already. If you would like to sponsor me and help support these great charities, you can do so through my fundraising page at https://race-nation.com/sponsor/e/24952

I'll be sure to report back on any interesting weight weenie bikes of fellow riders...
.....but it still has to work!

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Just out of interest, how much of each pound raised will go to the charity?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polaris

by polaris

100% of what is raised goes to the charities supported.

The ride is already paid for (£1,800 per rider) so nothing being used to support the costs of running the event.

Coram (the main charity beneficiary) have confirmed to me that 90p in every pound goes into the programs they support (the remainder being admin etc.).

Hope this helps,

Lee

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

polaris wrote:100% of what is raised goes to the charities supported.

The ride is already paid for (£1,800 per rider) so nothing being used to support the costs of running the event.

Coram (the main charity beneficiary) have confirmed to me that 90p in every pound goes into the programs they support (the remainder being admin etc.).

Hope this helps,

Lee

Sure does, at least it's a genuine charity ride and not a cycle holiday paid for by sponsorship! It's worth making the distinction these days as there are lots of 'charity' events that raise lots of money which goes on admin and fancy job titles.

Good luck

polaris

by polaris

Happy to report that between our team of 5 we cycled 6,000km and raised over £40k for charity.

Time for a new bike...?