Merlin Cycles - shipping time

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gtinut

by gtinut

Decided to buy few things from marlin since they offer free shipping to USA.
I asked fro tracking number but since they use Royal Air Mail it can't be tracked.
How long should it take to get something from England to New York area?
I can get parts from Poland, Germany, HK in 3-5 days but from England it has been over a week and still waiting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Team Murray

by Team Murray

It has been my experience that the actual shipping times, regardless of carrier, is the same. The time to fly the plane from Europe to the US is the same. The delays have to do with the land transport and customs clearance. Private carriers like Fedex, DHL, UPS have built their business around moving the package quickly to the planes and and quickly through customs. I have packages shipped in to the US and Fedex will call about a customs issue. Before I can return the call, they have gone ahead and cleared it.

With national postal services, they have to work on a reciprocal agreement with USPS to clear customs.

gtinut

by gtinut

I understand. I received many packages from around the world via USPS but took about a week including weekends. BTW. my package just arrived and it took 8 business days.

CBJ

by CBJ

You are not correct regarding tracking. You can take the royal mail tracking number and enter it into here at USPS

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

gtinut

by gtinut

but merlin never gave tracking number claiming - there is no number since package was shipped Royal Mail.
At last I received it but made me little nervous.

CBJ

by CBJ

Well I live in NYC too and bought something in December and when I logged into my account on their site there is a Royal Mail tracking number and like to click on the tracking on Royal Mails website. The same tracking number could be used the above link to track the package for tracking of the package inside the US.

thp

by thp

Ditto above. Use the tracking # provided. To west coast anything from 7-14 days for me. Just cross you fingers they don't upgrade you to UPS 2day and get reamed by customs.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

East Coast; I have gotten things from them (in stock) in about 5 days or so. As long as Customs doesn't hold it up, shoul dbe good to go.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

defride

by defride

Not so relevant for you guys out in the US but in the UK they're exceptional, my go too if I need something quickly. Even ordering late PM they've always managed to get stuff out for next morning delivery on their standard foc delivery

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

My 2cents worth is that they have been great. I have purchased from them many times and the delivery times are as good as any other UK bike shop.

efeballi

by efeballi

I live in Turkey and they ship faster than most bike shops in Turkey.
They get it into the airport in Istanbul in 2 days and Turkish Post takes 3-4 days to cover 60 km from the airport to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

lrdunc

by lrdunc

I placed an order with Merlin this past Friday Jan 22 at 10am PST. I'll update with my shipping time.

I got an email early this morning with a UPS International tracking link.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

My package just arrived at my office. Perfectly accurate tracking along the way with UPS.

zev

by zev

1-2 weeks has been my experience.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Parcel arrived to me yesterday (AUS), took 13 days for reference from Merlin
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC