Canyon customer service - nonexistent.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kauphy

by kauphy

I got an Aeroad in September 2015 and after a couple of rides, I noticed a crack on the frame near the chainstay-BB junction (heartbreaking!) and they asked me to send it back to them. Making this much progress took about a month (apparently they were upgrading their IT systems and had delays in email responses...fine).

I then sent the bike back to them, the tracking details said the bike was delivered and I was expecting an email from them acknowledging the receipt of the frame. I then tried to call them - was on hold for 30+ mins everytime before I finally decided to give up and used chat on their site instead. One person I chatted with said they received the bike but they would acknowledge the receipt only after their "incoming goods department" inspected it...fine. I waited 3 weeks before contacting them and the person this time had no idea if they received the bike or not and said he "hoped" I would get a response soon. LOL?

And finally, 2 months after sending the bike back to them, I get a call from the local post office saying the bike was unable to be delivered and has arrived back here. I was shocked, to say the least. The bike was never received by Canyon and yet their customer service gave me the kind of misinformation they did - shocking.

The bike was sent through EMS - so DHL Paket handled the German part of the process. I've emailed Canyon countless times, tried chat unsuccessfully (they always seem to be busy) to find out what happened about why the delivery was unsuccessful - I'm sure they would have received some kind of a letter from DHL at the least. I emailed DHL asking what went wrong but I haven't heard back yet. FWIW, I included all the documentation necessary for the package clearing German customs.

I'm at the end of my rope now. I will resend the bike again to them using a different, more expensive courier service this time and hope it all goes well this time. However, I'm really really disappointed with Canyon's customer service. No response to emails in over a month. Granted, it's Christmas time, but no response for over a month? Seriously? Is it expecting too much to receive a reply to an email in a reasonable amount of time? As excited as I am about riding a Canyon, I regret making the purchase.

Did people here also face similar issues with delays in responses from Canyon in the last 2-3 months?

jeffy

by jeffy

everytime i think about buying a bike from a non-local source. this is exactly the situation that stops me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gmakris

by gmakris

tragic customer care...

johntranofficial

by johntranofficial

kauphy wrote:I got an Aeroad in September 2015 and after a couple of rides, I noticed a crack on the frame near the chainstay-BB junction (heartbreaking!) and they asked me to send it back to them. Making this much progress took about a month (apparently they were upgrading their IT systems and had delays in email responses...fine).

I then sent the bike back to them, the tracking details said the bike was delivered and I was expecting an email from them acknowledging the receipt of the frame. I then tried to call them - was on hold for 30+ mins everytime before I finally decided to give up and used chat on their site instead. One person I chatted with said they received the bike but they would acknowledge the receipt only after their "incoming goods department" inspected it...fine. I waited 3 weeks before contacting them and the person this time had no idea if they received the bike or not and said he "hoped" I would get a response soon. LOL?

And finally, 2 months after sending the bike back to them, I get a call from the local post office saying the bike was unable to be delivered and has arrived back here. I was shocked, to say the least. The bike was never received by Canyon and yet their customer service gave me the kind of misinformation they did - shocking.

The bike was sent through EMS - so DHL Paket handled the German part of the process. I've emailed Canyon countless times, tried chat unsuccessfully (they always seem to be busy) to find out what happened about why the delivery was unsuccessful - I'm sure they would have received some kind of a letter from DHL at the least. I emailed DHL asking what went wrong but I haven't heard back yet. FWIW, I included all the documentation necessary for the package clearing German customs.

I'm at the end of my rope now. I will resend the bike again to them using a different, more expensive courier service this time and hope it all goes well this time. However, I'm really really disappointed with Canyon's customer service. No response to emails in over a month. Granted, it's Christmas time, but no response for over a month? Seriously? Is it expecting too much to receive a reply to an email in a reasonable amount of time? As excited as I am about riding a Canyon, I regret making the purchase.

Did people here also face similar issues with delays in responses from Canyon in the last 2-3 months?

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... kes-205800

Dodger747

by Dodger747

FWIW, I had perfect service whenever I've dealt with Canyon - although from the various threads on here and other forums, that's not always the case.

I think their new IT [SAP CRM] system was the issue around Christmas and is why there have been so many issues. They're not the only company to fall foul of such a change.

As for the OP, I'd be questioning DHL and why they failed to deliver the bike despite telling you they had done so...

kauphy

by kauphy

This isn't the first issue I've had with DHL, and yes, I'm trying to get an answer from them to know what exactly happened.

The only issue (and it isn't a small one) I've had with Canyon is their unresponsiveness. Having 5-6 emails unanswered in more than a month is alarming. The least they could have done is reply saying that responses will be delayed and keep me updated. Anyway, I got on a long chat with them the day I posted this and I've had my first response in almost 50 days. Fingers crossed this saga ends soon.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Do not believe this is DHLs fault they are pretty legit and much better than most other mailing companies. Unless they are on strike and then you dont get mail for 20 or so days :(

kauphy

by kauphy

No response from DHL (not that I had much hope of getting one).

After explaining to Canyon the whole debacle over chat soon after this post, they said they would see if they can resolve this without me needing to send the bike back to them. They wanted more pictures. I promptly provided them the pictures and the same saga repeats - I don't hear back for 2 weeks and when I pinged them on chat to find out what's happening, they say the ticket has been closed! wtf?

I'm seriously very pissed off with Canyon. They might make great bikes but their customer service is utter crap. I just want to get it over with now..

support_canyon

by support_canyon

kauphy wrote:No response from DHL (not that I had much hope of getting one).

After explaining to Canyon the whole debacle over chat soon after this post, they said they would see if they can resolve this without me needing to send the bike back to them. They wanted more pictures. I promptly provided them the pictures and the same saga repeats - I don't hear back for 2 weeks and when I pinged them on chat to find out what's happening, they say the ticket has been closed! wtf?

I'm seriously very pissed off with Canyon. They might make great bikes but their customer service is utter crap. I just want to get it over with now..

Hello @kauphy

could you send us your customer ID and the ticket number via PM please. I'll have a look and see how I can resolve your query.

Cheers Georg

kauphy

by kauphy

OK, I wanted to update on this thread. From the time Georg looked at this post, everything moved super fast and I got the new replacement delivered to my home today. It was really a super smooth process, absolutely top notch customer service. They really made up for their below-par service.

I want to thank Georg and the WW forum for the help!

I can't wait to get the new frame built :)

CBJ

by CBJ

Very cool looks like their growing problems has been solved. I have seen this happen to other companies this is why I never sell a bike before I have the replacement running.

siriz75

by siriz75

:beerchug: for Canyon Support

NOW IF THEY CAN ONLY START SHIPPING TO CANADA!

micky

by micky

Very often the costumer service of one brand doesn't really depends on the brand itself, but with whom you're dealing with.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Are you in America? I hadn't heard of an American getting a Canyon and wouldn't expect them to have any plan to deal with American customers. As a bike shop employee I have to point out that you get what you pay for. You saved money by eliminating the LBS. Come warranty time you don't have an LBS to take care of it for you. That's a service our shop takes seriously and we majorly go to bat for our customers. Just this past year we pulled out of a decades long relationship with a bike company because we didn't like how they were dealing with warranties lately.

synthesis

by synthesis

Let guess, Trek?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com