Lance Armstrong eligible to compete in triathlon's in 2016

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

xena wrote:Rodrego Hernandez posted

Giles Delion, Charly Mottet, Graham Obree, Chris Boardman, Chris Walker plus many, many more.

I raced against a charged up Motorola team and I wasn't doping so do your own research, if you are going to accuse an entire generation of riders of being cheats, at least have the evidence to back that up. Otherwise, GFY.

Xena reply's
Oh dear . How do you know the riders above were not taking something ? You don't.
You raced against a " charged up Motorola team" what does that mean exactly. You got your a££ kicked?
None of the people you mentioned could touch Lances boots on a mountain stage. Look at all Lance's rivals, all doped/busted. That's a fact. Name one that wasn't? if your not sure check the wiki link I posted.
So who got cheated? Boardman? He would have won the tour if lance or jan or basso never doped :lol:
Get real
Also I do not salute your "GFY" I don't know you. Its just a chat on line. Don't get angry with me get angry with all those cyclists that doped , you know all the famous ones that got busted that I showed you in the wiki link. I don't care they dope, you do. That's your problem isn't it, not mine.
Just trying to educate you. You want to be the top of a sport you have to dope. Fact. Thousands of athletes busted in all sports not hundreds thousands. Do a wiki for athletics , soccer, American football. baseball etc the list of dopers is endless.
from the gold medals to the also ran's.[/quote]

I know well enough that they weren't on the same program as Armstrong. I know Motorola were based on rider confessions that are well documented.

Armstrong was doped to the eyeballs, that the only reason why he was dropping riders in the mountains. I believe Chris Walker got the better of Armstrong in Bergamasca one year so he wasn't that different in ability.

Now get over yourself and stop accusing 'everybody' of doing what Armstrong did. They didn't. Armstrong was an above average one day racer at best. The drugs did the rest.

I don't really care about running, soccerball or any of those other games you mention.

Now go kiss your live strong bracelet and pray to the gods that your hero will be allowed to do a triathlon and you might be able to see him win the showers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

I find it quite disheartening that despite the thousands of hours of coverage and millions of words written about the whole Armstrong "thing" people still trot out bits of Armstrong spin. Like it's actually relevant.

xena
Banned

by xena

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
xena wrote:Rodrego Hernandez posted

Giles Delion, Charly Mottet, Graham Obree, Chris Boardman, Chris Walker plus many, many more.

I raced against a charged up Motorola team and I wasn't doping so do your own research, if you are going to accuse an entire generation of riders of being cheats, at least have the evidence to back that up. Otherwise, GFY.

Xena reply's
Oh dear . How do you know the riders above were not taking something ? You don't.
You raced against a " charged up Motorola team" what does that mean exactly. You got your a££ kicked?
None of the people you mentioned could touch Lances boots on a mountain stage. Look at all Lance's rivals, all doped/busted. That's a fact. Name one that wasn't? if your not sure check the wiki link I posted.
So who got cheated? Boardman? He would have won the tour if lance or jan or basso never doped :lol:
Get real
Also I do not salute your "GFY" I don't know you. Its just a chat on line. Don't get angry with me get angry with all those cyclists that doped , you know all the famous ones that got busted that I showed you in the wiki link. I don't care they dope, you do. That's your problem isn't it, not mine.
Just trying to educate you. You want to be the top of a sport you have to dope. Fact. Thousands of athletes busted in all sports not hundreds thousands. Do a wiki for athletics , soccer, American football. baseball etc the list of dopers is endless.
from the gold medals to the also ran's.

I know well enough that they weren't on the same program as Armstrong. I know Motorola were based on rider confessions that are well documented.

Armstrong was doped to the eyeballs, that the only reason why he was dropping riders in the mountains. I believe Chris Walker got the better of Armstrong in Bergamasca one year so he wasn't that different in ability.

Now get over yourself and stop accusing 'everybody' of doing what Armstrong did. They didn't. Armstrong was an above average one day racer at best. The drugs did the rest.

I don't really care about running, soccerball or any of those other games you mention.

Now go kiss your live strong bracelet and pray to the gods that your hero will be allowed to do a triathlon and you might be able to see him win the showers.[/quote]
XENA POSTED
So you know motor doped then. how did you fair against them. Got your a££ kicked? Not being rude just making a point.
So you just ignore all the evidence that all Armstrong's rivals were doping some coming from east Germany "ring any bells" and you think that Armstrong just doped more than the others with his blood bags in his fridge at his house.
He was the best doper so he won :lol:

I Believe walker got the better of Armstrong one year and that proves he what exactly? if he had doped [ and you don't know he didn't] he could have won the tour :lol: How come Ulrich did not beat him. Basso, Vino, etc the list of endless Gt winners who also doped yet did not beat Armstrong. Do you think its the amount you take? Do you think Armstrong was taking more EPO than anyone else ? do you know anything about EPO, PEDS etc. You obviously have no idea or you would not make such a uneducated comment. You can only take so much of anything before you die and there were plenty of EPO deaths in the early days where riders just went to far. Do a google its quite a shock to see.
My favourite riders are Berti and Evans not Armstrong. Just because I tell you some facts does not mean I am a Armstrong's number one fan.

I mention the other sports because it is relevant. It shows how much doping is still going on and its still going on in cycling just like it was before Armstrong and after.
Everybody was doing what Armstrong was doing did you see the wiki link posted. Did you see the names of all those riders busted from Merckx to Vino to Vaughters to Ulrich to Basso to Beloki, etc its the who's who of cycling
The facts speak for themselves.
I'm not defending Armstrongs doping " I don't care" I'm defending the fact that it was a witch-hunt to get 1 cyclist when just about every team was doping and most of those caught got minor bans and carried on racing and running teams and never got their victory's taken away from them.

Simple question for you . If Armstrong never won those 7 tours name me the clean rider who should have been awarded those victory's? Boardman :lol:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Learn how to post properly and you'll get a response.

In the mean time, please write out 100 times, 'not everybody doped so it was never a level playing field'.

You might need to find someone to help you count that high though.

xena
Banned

by xena

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Learn how to post properly and you'll get a response.

In the mean time, please write out 100 times, 'not everybody doped so it was never a level playing field'.

You might need to find someone to help you count that high though.

You "cant" respond to the questions or any of the points made so you make childish remarks and repeat yourself in a belief that you are right. You sound just like theist.

Just off to put on a new livestrong band and shoot some EPO :lol:

Skylark

by Skylark

It's funny low when Britishers adopt American slang in order to come across big. No wit conducive of the English language. Nothing!

This thread is just:

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Skylark wrote:It's funny low when Britishers adopt American slang in order to come across big. No wit conducive of the English language. Nothing!

This thread is just:

It's funny when you yanks decide to win by cheating and corruption and try to justify it based in the made up belief that 'everyone is doing it.'

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

If he's clean I'm all for it. Lance is responsible for a lot of people having discovered cycling. If he's clean he should be in.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

xena
Banned

by xena

Rodrego Hernandez quote

It's funny when you yanks decide to win by cheating and corruption and try to justify it based in the made up belief that 'everyone is doing it.

Xena reply .
I want to make it quite clear to you Rodrego. I am not trying to justify Armstrong's doping. I said quite clearly " I don't care" If he or any other riders dopes then they have to deal with the consequences not me. Armstrong gave his reasons for doping and its the same reasons all the other riders give. " if you don't juice up you can't compete at the very top level"

I will ask you the question again.
We know Basso, Ulrich, Vino, Beloki, Kloden, Hamilton, Landis, Pantani, Heras .Mayo etc etc all doped. I could carry on with the list or you could go and take a look at the wiki link for names I have omitted.

So name the clean rider who you think would have won one of those tours ?
Like I said I am not defending Armstrong's doping just the witch -hunt on one athlete when others doing exactly the same in teams who "doped better" and had riders busted and were still allowed to keep their victory's and carry on racing or managing teams.

You seem to have this dreamy dreamy view of pro sports. Cyclists have been taking some form of stimulant/ drugs from the very beginning of the sport. Its always been part of the sport.
Take a look at the link below. Please also remember that we have had numerous cyclists busted who are pack fillers not even top 20 finishers that have been busted. Riders are still getting busted. You have to look at the evidence not the personality. I mentioned the times that riders are still doing today. Check the link out and you cannot come to any conclusion other than its still going on. Every single athlete is always going to deny they are doping. What else can they say unless they are busted.
http://sportsscientists.com/2007/11/the ... rformance/

Skylark

by Skylark

Drop these gobshite arguments the pair of you. No one is reading these D- essays.

headtube

by headtube

I've been following cycling for a loooong time. There's always been an "unclean" element and probably always will be. And this exists in most pro sports. Let's just create a non-doping faction and a doping faction and call it a day. That way the competitors that are unclean can beat their cheating chests to their hearts content, and the clean folks can be happy knowing that their motive/ethic for cleanliness has won them the achievement/s they trained so hard for.

Gavf

by Gavf

ALL world tour tems are blood doping, this is common knowledge.

The majority are using high volume, blood specific EPO and then training on the turbo for 6+ hours in the night time non testing window (11pm to 6am) up at noon for a recovery ride if they are on a training camp to show thier face and to not raise suspicion.

Hematocrit levels will be well within accepted range by 6am.

CIRC suggested night-time testing over a year ago and still nothing has been done

Dez33

by Dez33

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:It's funny when you yanks decide to win by cheating and corruption and try to justify it based in the made up belief that 'everyone is doing it.'

You are seriously deluded if you don't think the majority of the peloton weren't on the gear when Pharmstrong was racing, and using 'everyone' repeatedly is just playing on words. When people say everyone what they really mean in the context of procycling is 'most'. There were obvious clean riders such as Bassons that automatically disqualify the statement 'everyone'.

Dez33

by Dez33

Gavf wrote:The majority are using high volume, blood specific EPO and then training on the turbo for 6+ hours in the night time non testing window (11pm to 6am) up at noon for a recovery ride if they are on a training camp to show thier face and to not raise suspicion.

Link?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

xena wrote:Rodrego Hernandez quote

It's funny when you yanks decide to win by cheating and corruption and try to justify it based in the made up belief that 'everyone is doing it.

Xena reply .
I want to make it quite clear to you Rodrego. I am not trying to justify Armstrong's doping. I said quite clearly " I don't care" If he or any other riders dopes then they have to deal with the consequences not me. Armstrong gave his reasons for doping and its the same reasons all the other riders give. " if you don't juice up you can't compete at the very top level"

I will ask you the question again.
We know Basso, Ulrich, Vino, Beloki, Kloden, Hamilton, Landis, Pantani, Heras .Mayo etc etc all doped. I could carry on with the list or you could go and take a look at the wiki link for names I have omitted.

So name the clean rider who you think would have won one of those tours ?
Like I said I am not defending Armstrong's doping just the witch -hunt on one athlete when others doing exactly the same in teams who "doped better" and had riders busted and were still allowed to keep their victory's and carry on racing or managing teams.

You seem to have this dreamy dreamy view of pro sports. Cyclists have been taking some form of stimulant/ drugs from the very beginning of the sport. Its always been part of the sport.
Take a look at the link below. Please also remember that we have had numerous cyclists busted who are pack fillers not even top 20 finishers that have been busted. Riders are still getting busted. You have to look at the evidence not the personality. I mentioned the times that riders are still doing today. Check the link out and you cannot come to any conclusion other than its still going on. Every single athlete is always going to deny they are doping. What else can they say unless they are busted.
http://sportsscientists.com/2007/11/the ... rformance/

While there is evidence that lots of Lance's rivals doped no question, the following is also true:

- there is no evidence that most other individuals and teams doped to the extent Lance and USPS did. As far as the facts allow us to form a judgement, USPS doped the most, and Lance was in the A-team of dopers at USPS

- there are pro riders from that era against whom there is no evidence that they doped. Perhaps they would indeed have been rivals to Lance, Basso, Ulrich and the other cheats had there been a level playing field
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: