2016 On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

basilic

by basilic

Rondje wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but I can't see your pictures basilic. I only see a grey forbidden street sign.

I don't think it's just you, and I am sorry.
I have used Picasa previously, which worked just fine. Then Google bought Picasa, ended the service at the end of July, and moved my photos to Google photos. That thing is a mess. I can see the photos if I use Chrome, but only some show on Firefox (eg I see the photos on page 44, but not those on page 42, which show with Chrome only). I've googled (gasp) this issue, and received some links from a forum member, but found no reliable fixes. Any help would be welcome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

Never used Google photo, looks crap indeed. How do you "share" your photos from there, or what url's do you copy into this forum? Is it the incredibly weird long url? Or a short standard thing. I tried to check it, somehow found I got 1 picture uploaded there and I get some crazy url of 6 (forum) lines long.
And (maybe a obvious question) have you checked settings for any private/sharing options? Maybe you got them on private so we see a forbidden sign.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

beeatnik wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:
beeatnik wrote:A ride in the San Gabriel Valley Foothills

i was there riding 2 weeks ago and went to the rose bowl a few times to explore. very nice area indeed. I enjoy my time there!

Great timing. Best early August weather I can recall; 10 to 15 degrees below normal. Did you climb w/ Gus The Goat?

naw didn't get to meet up with anyone, but i did see the rose bowl crew that i've seen referenced online. I was kinda just riding around for my trip and didn't do my group ride research. Really great weather indeed! i wish i had more time to explore non-rose bowl area and head to the mountains.

day 1: https://www.strava.com/activities/665577973
day 2: https://www.strava.com/activities/666714692
day 3: https://www.strava.com/activities/667947348

otoman

by otoman

basilic wrote:
Rondje wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but I can't see your pictures basilic. I only see a grey forbidden street sign.

I don't think it's just you, and I am sorry.
I have used Picasa previously, which worked just fine. Then Google bought Picasa, ended the service at the end of July, and moved my photos to Google photos. That thing is a mess. I can see the photos if I use Chrome, but only some show on Firefox (eg I see the photos on page 44, but not those on page 42, which show with Chrome only). I've googled (gasp) this issue, and received some links from a forum member, but found no reliable fixes. Any help would be welcome.

Basilic! We need your photos!!

OK, here's how I've done it. Open a Flickr account if you don't already have one. Upload your photos to Flickr, most editing software will allow you to do this easily. Even Instagram has a button to allow you to upload your photos to Flickr.
Next you can select the photos from your camera roll or photo stream on Flickr. Next, there is a little upward curved arrow icon to click -- that is the share icon. Next, in the dialogue box, click BBCode. It will then give you an http address with proper format already included so that you don't even have to click the "Img" button above. Copy that link into weightweenies.

Now gimme some photos of Switzerland man! I'm dying here in my 72 degree fluorescent office :lol:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi

I tried to open a Flickr account specifically for this thread, but it seemed to want me to open a Yahoo email account first.

Is that required or was I doing something wrong?

Cheers
GJ

otoman

by otoman

I guess so. Flickr is owned by Yahoo. Much the same that you will have a Google account when you sign up for a YouTube account...
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

MoPho

by MoPho

Sunset on Mt Diablo

iPhone pics

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Ride between france & italia, both sides of Col du Petit Saint Bernard. Hot day with +20°c @ 2000m.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice, dj, that's a classic, a ton of 5% climbing!

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Yes ultyguy I cracked the top 10 on strava for the french side last week :)
But yesterday the headwind coming back from the italian side made it a little bit harder ...
Today Iseran one last time, thursday Telegraphe+galibier and friday I'll be watching the start of Tour de l'Avenir at Val d'Isère .

kingtom

by kingtom

Sunset yesterday

Sunrise today

kgt

by kgt

Chios island

and what was until a month ago a pine-mastic forest...

iliedanila

by iliedanila

Solden, Austria

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

lrdunc

by lrdunc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beeatnik

by beeatnik