2016 On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

Today off the road. We have the perfect trails here around. Weather wasn't perfect today... but doesn't matter. The view over our village is just great.

kgt

by kgt

Stolichnaya wrote:KGT, Central Greece, who knew? I would never have pictured the terrain looking like this. Great!

The same mountains during the winter:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sacke

by Sacke

I have been in Gap for a week with the family. Not much riding, but a few short Col Bayard + Col de Manse combos.

This view is when descending Col Bayard on the north side.

Varying weather this week with cloudy and rainy the last few days.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

kgt - that winter shot is beautiful!! My favourite kind of weather (although not for riding in!!)

kingtom

by kingtom

Around St. Moritz today... lovely place [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

lrdunc

by lrdunc

The Los Angeles guys here will know about the Santa Clarita wild fire...first picture below was taken from my balcony at around 7am this past Saturday morning. Second picture was taken from the same spot at around 4:30pm Saturday.

Latigo Canyon from our Saturday ride (https://www.strava.com/activities/651047554)

And all it took was one climb to cook my buddy (he hasn't been riding much lately):

But of course that's nothing a couple of beers can't fix:

And here's one from this morning trying to show the K Edge Garmin / GoPro mount I picked up on Friday. Much cleaner than having a separate mount for each.

kingtom

by kingtom

Yesterday @ofenpass

dmp

by dmp

Irdunc, we were in LA over the weekend visiting our kids and granddaughter (we had been in Santa Barbara all week and I borrowed my son's bike- great rides there!). Midday on Saturday I thought it was smog, and didn't realize until later in the afternoon what was causing it. By 4pm the cars in town needed their headlights on! Is it getting any better, and is the air clear enough to ride yet?

beeatnik

by beeatnik

lrdunc wrote:The Los Angeles guys here will know about the Santa Clarita wild fire...first picture below was taken from my balcony at around 7am this past Saturday morning. Second picture was taken from the same spot at around 4:30pm Saturday.

Brentwood, best and worst place to live and work. Once took me 45 minutes to get from Wilshire and Barrington to the 405 (less than a mile, for you non-Angelenos). Anyhoo, you should have seen the air quality in Pasadena. I was coughing up particulates for 5 days.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

dmp wrote:Irdunc, we were in LA over the weekend visiting our kids and granddaughter (we had been in Santa Barbara all week and I borrowed my son's bike- great rides there!). Midday on Saturday I thought it was smog, and didn't realize until later in the afternoon what was causing it. By 4pm the cars in town needed their headlights on! Is it getting any better, and is the air clear enough to ride yet?

Air quality is much better now...to be honest it was much better on Sunday (I was riding close to the coast both days). And yes Santa Barbara is beautiful...much worse places to be riding!

beeatnik wrote:Brentwood, best and worst place to live and work. Once took me 45 minutes to get from Wilshire and Barrington to the 405 (less than a mile, for you non-Angelenos). Anyhoo, you should have seen the air quality in Pasadena. I was coughing up particulates for 5 days.

100% accurate. I used to live in West Hollywood and the drive home from my office in Santa Monica would consistently take me 1 hour 10 mins or so (just under 7 mile trip). That was the case whether I left the office at 3pm or 7pm. The traffic is always such a nightmare. Now I live west of the 405 and my commute is under 2 miles. I'm in heaven.

kingtom

by kingtom

Awesome day in the mountains. I rode the passes near Andermatt. I think this was my cycling-highlight 2016.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Amazing pictures!

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Supposed to be the middle of winter here in New Zealand. Doesn't feel like it though!

Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Kingtom did it again ... how much kms/climbing for that ride ?