2016 On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Image Overlooking Mortix Vineyard to the sea

JamieL

by JamieL

Col d'Aubisque start

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wobbly

by wobbly

JamieL wrote:Image

Col d'Aubisque start

Nice photo JL :thumbup:
Will be staying near there in August with gruppetto including a profilic photo poster from WW !!
Three months to get in shape :oops: :oops:

kingtom

by kingtom

Yesterday on the klausenpass

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Can't compete with these pictures but here are a few from my ride this morning.

https://www.strava.com/activities/587560945

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Did you not have the time to continue to the sign?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

No, I stopped at that gate and went home. I have to be at work by 8:30 usually, so need to leave time to get home, shower etc and drive from West Hollywood to Santa Monica. I wish a 7 mile commute didn't take 45 mins...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Maybe just commute to work? :)
I'm at 16-17 miles each way commute depending the route I choose to take, and have to go over the Hollywood Hills each time. On some days I'll head up to the sign after work just for shits & giggles. The heavier commuter + backpack add to the training. I've used stop-lights as opportunities for interval training as well, it's been fun.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Surprisingly, as much as I hate CA, I still love it. Great seeing your pics. I used to live in the good 'ol Antelope Valley (Lancaster/Palmdale) and did a ton of mountain biking in So Cal for many years. Surfed Ventura somewhat regularly. It's good to see what I know so well. Keep the pics coming (especially Dec - Feb)!

lrdunc

by lrdunc

prendrefeu wrote:Maybe just commute to work? :)
I'm at 16-17 miles each way commute depending the route I choose to take, and have to go over the Hollywood Hills each time. On some days I'll head up to the sign after work just for shits & giggles. The heavier commuter + backpack add to the training. I've used stop-lights as opportunities for interval training as well, it's been fun.

I would really love to start riding the bike to work. If we had proper shower facilities at my office I would have started already. I wouldn't be adding as much mileage per week as you are from your commutes, but it would at least be something (and it would be so much nicer than sitting in the car). I absolutely loathe driving in LA.

nd2rc wrote:Surprisingly, as much as I hate CA, I still love it. Great seeing your pics. I used to live in the good 'ol Antelope Valley (Lancaster/Palmdale) and did a ton of mountain biking in So Cal for many years. Surfed Ventura somewhat regularly. It's good to see what I know so well. Keep the pics coming (especially Dec - Feb)!

Getting out early-morning and riding Nichols Canyon (essentially zero traffic) etc is wonderful. Makes you feel like you're not in LA. Then you descend, get into the morning traffic, and reality hits you in the face. As much as I complain about LA on an almost-daily basis, there are great things about living here. I don't think I'll be here longer-term, though. I'd like to experience a different part of the country.

CBJ

by CBJ

Change of clothes and some baby wipes. Not like you need to sprint the 7 miles on the way to work.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yep. Use the wipes in the bathroom stall, where you'll also change clothes. Keep a pair of shoes @ work so don't need to carry them back & forth.
More info at our - yes, it's true - Commuting Forum!

kingtom

by kingtom

Not that bad yesterday around the 'Säntis'

kingtom

by kingtom

That was a uncredible view on the klausenpass this evening on my (extented) way back home. Awesome...

Sorry, you have to told me if that is too much and i have to stop [emoji23] [emoji23]

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Fantastic @Kingtom!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com