2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

He must not be using bars made in China
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Tomstr wrote:Still big ringing it :lol:

Difficult to tell from that angle. Image
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KarlC wrote:He must not be using bars made in China

hahaha

Dez33

by Dez33

Rondje wrote:I found this on the twitter of ammattipyöräily from 3rd of may

Even more of an outsider than Horner was at the Vuelta. Go figure.

mentok

by mentok

Quotes from oge suggest Esteban decided not to follow the initial attack- Chavez saying he underestimated them and White saying he was surprised by the speed.

Then again, maybe Chavez just had a poor start or was out of position when the break went and doesn't want to admit fatigue or mistake...

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I wouldn't be surprised of Chaves was sat a little back in the front group trying to avoid reacting to all the crazy attacks that were flying around on that first climb. If it worked, he would have been in prime position for the last climb. For a while there, it appeared that everyone and their dog was having a go and being chased-down by Kruijswijk. I think he probably assumed that it would end up being a shootout on the final climb.

"For me, Ilnur was the strongest today. He only blew up in the end because he'd pulled on the front all day," directeur sportif Dimitri Konyshev said from the driver's seat of the Katusha team car afterwards.

I would disagree. Kruijswijk had to react to all the attacks on the first climb and did so, seemingly, without much trouble. On the last climb, he needed to do enough work to ensure the Chaves group stayed behind, but not enough to put himself into the position to possibly be attacked by Valverde. To me, Kruijswijk rode a smart race yesterday. He gained time on those closest to him, but only did the minimum he needed to. He could have gone all-in for the stage win trying to drop Zakarin and Valverde, but maybe he would pay for that effort later in the week?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

hasbeen

by hasbeen

So what are the details on the crank length change by Nibali? Surely it wasnt during the Giro!
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

British Eurosport commentators said the change was 172.5mm -> 175mm "a few months ago".

wingguy

by wingguy

Although Nibali isn't always the most diplomatic character I thought this was pretty classy...

"“I won’t stop. I want to get to Turin,” Nibali told Gazzetta. “You have to accept a defeat out of respect for your rivals and your teammates. How could I leave this group? They’re fantastic, they’re doing everything to help me."

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

dang WVA wins prologue over t.martin and terpstra etc.

Sacke

by Sacke

Some pretty big scalps in that lineup!
Last edited by Frankie - B on Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote when you are leaving a reply. and when you do feel the need to quote, please remove the pics as we don't need to see them again, and again, and... Thanks

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kruijswijk-i-have-confidence-in-this-cycling/

why is it that cyclists always talk about doping like it ended yesterday, and then add this part about "improving".

"I know that the past years haven’t been the best for cycling but I think it’s improving a lot and I have confidence in this cycling"

how can we improve if doping's gone? also, it sounds even funnier coming from a guy who leads like the fastest and the hardest GT ever... gotta be those aero bikes that make the difference...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Rondje

by Rondje

I'm not gonna argue about clean or not because it never will be 100% clean because everywhere in life where there is something to gain, people will try to cheat. But we see riders getting higher results while they where riding more anonymous in previous years.

About Kruijswijk, all I can say is that he always been subtop and this year it seems to be top (maybe because others like Nibali aren't preforming on the expect level?). Might partly be because I'm Dutch, but he isn't hiding anything. All his rides and powerdata are on Strava.

Faster GT so far, with only 2 real mountain stages done and the big Alpes still to come. Don't forget the first 3 days where as flat as you can have them, all high speed. The dolomites stage had al lot of mountains, but they are relatively short mountains, no 20km climbing to get to the top. Yesterday started with 40km downhill, also nice for the average speed. Tomorrow we get 100km+ flat before they get a few smaller climbs. This isn't the hardest GT ever, might even be a relatively easier one considering 3 time trials as well.

jeffy

by jeffy

Giving his Nibs due regard; he tried to crack Kruijswijk, but ended up cracking himself.

KWalker

by KWalker

He's a consistently top 10 rider that is leading a race of other consistently top 10 riders. Only 1 of the pre-race favorites is riding well and the others either are off-par or dropped out. He hasn't put out 1 single dominant performance like a Contador style stage raid where he gained 5 minutes on every other rider.

Average speed wise this race also has a lot of shorter stages than in the past.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com