2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Kristian House's strava/powerfile from stage 1 at the Sun Tour where he made the break. That's what I would call a tough day out!
https://www.strava.com/activities/485432311/overview

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Rondje wrote:About poor championship jerseys. Anyone noticed Valverde? It's even worse then DiData

The management company behind the Movistar team is the same company that ran the Banesto team in 1992 (and dates back to the Reynolds team of the 1980s with Delgado). They are the ones responsible for starting the movement of modifying traditional national champ jerseys when they modified it for Indurain's 1992 win in the spanish championships.

These jersey designs are owned by the national federation and they should dictate to the national champions that the traditional designs be respected as the italian federation did with Pippo in 2009 when he tried a few different interpretations of the italian jersey before finally settling on a version that the italian federation would accept.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

nm

Leviathan

by Leviathan

nefariousintent wrote:...It's not rocket surgery,...

I like that idiom and from now on will claim it as my own...

seaneT1

by seaneT1

nefariousintent wrote:...It's not rocket surgery,...

It took me a while before understanding what's "wrong" here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ave

by ave

ultyguy wrote:Kristian House's strava/powerfile from stage 1 at the Sun Tour where he made the break. That's what I would call a tough day out!

I'd be over the moon if I could ride that fast. I don't want to diminish it, but it was only 3 and a half hours, and these numbers are not really unheard of in continental level, are they?
(A friend of mine of similar weight did almost 5 hours at 307W NP in training a week or so ago.)

djm

by djm

Rocket surgery sounds painful! ;-)

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

djm wrote:Rocket surgery sounds painful! ;-)

I don't know... it could be a blast!

prebsy

by prebsy

ave wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Kristian House's strava/powerfile from stage 1 at the Sun Tour where he made the break. That's what I would call a tough day out!

I'd be over the moon if I could ride that fast. I don't want to diminish it, but it was only 3 and a half hours, and these numbers are not really unheard of in continental level, are they?
(A friend of mine of similar weight did almost 5 hours at 307W NP in training a week or so ago.)

you need look at the laps , looks like a bunch of garbage time there. Also strava weighted power is always lower than NP

natefontaine

by natefontaine

I'd say riding at 370w (5.25w/kg) average for 22min after riding for ~2.5hrs at 315w (4.5 w/kg) average a tough day out. Let's say he's about 70kg. I would guess his Variability Index is quite large. IM guys do what? 3.5w/kg with a VI of 1.01

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

yal have some strong friends lol

cav on circle rings.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Those Nike's though.....mmmmm

Dez33

by Dez33

Seriously, some reporters need to get a life http://road.cc/content/news/177831-vide ... rial-crash

Every crack pot seeing a spinning wheel now calling "motor"

:roll:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

wingguy wrote:
han1337 wrote:Cosmo Catalano posted this today: "CX Motor Man"

https://carbonaddiction.net/2016/02/03/ ... /#comments

Cosmo's argument seems to be that the wheel is spinning before the cranks are turning. Well first, as far as I can see the wheel starts spinning exactly at the same time as his legs start turning and second (again), a motor in the frame would not spin the wheel without spinning the cranks.

For the record that site is not Cosmo's. It's Peter, he's based in Sydney.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pinoymamba

by pinoymamba

Cav has pudgy feet.