2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

stage 2 should be bonkers and a great start to the Tour.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

It might just be because all the place names give me nostalgic memories of starting to watch the Tour when I was a kid, but looking through the stage profiles it seems like it should be a really exciting route, with lots of attacking opportunities for the main contenders, and lots of potential for slip-ups.

Also, with all this talk of Froome vs Quintana are Team Sky even going to be allowed into France post-Brexit? :P

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:It might just be because all the place names give me nostalgic memories of starting to watch the Tour when I was a kid, but looking through the stage profiles it seems like it should be a really exciting route, with lots of attacking opportunities for the main contenders, and lots of potential for slip-ups.

Also, with all this talk of Froome vs Quintana are Team Sky even going to be allowed into France post-Brexit? :P

Froome is from kenya. He is about as british as president Obarmy is American [ we never ever saw the passport did we] . :lol:

I'm English I didn't vote and I don't give a fU%%, the world is run by money, this Brexit is all bullship and means nothing.

Sky are a puppet of Murdoch "auz" . Its a huge reason I hate Sky [not the Auz bit] Its all patriotic GB flag waving bullship created and perpetrated by a huge media corp. You tell me Wiggins was a great tour champion . He was the worst tour winner ever and the whole thing was set up for him in the year of the GB Olympics and another big royal celebration . Its not a coincidence. Wake the Fu%5. up
Im cheering for Aru ,Contador.Nibs . I hate the smugness of the English cycling set up including the woman.
Nichole cooke I liked but she was always her own person that's why the GB/Sky set up finished her cycling plus the amount of drugs in woman's cycling " no different from the men"

Get on those Sarms ,get on the GW. Its all good shi% and no side effects and works better than EPO.

Seb coe and BC now running athletics and cycling and its is corrupt as ever. [ the british don't dope :roll: ] Never mind the busted Kenyans and Russians what about Mo and Oregon and Coe and nike and the WC and the huge amount of cover ups by the sporting bodies of the most famous athletes in the world.

show me the money .
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

wingguy

by wingguy

xena wrote:You tell me Wiggins was a great tour champion . He was the worst tour winner ever and the whole thing was set up for him in the year of the GB Olympics and another big royal celebration . Its not a coincidence. Wake the Fu%5. up

I wouldn't say Wiggins is a great TdF champion. I'd say he's a great cyclist, and a TdF champion. Why do you think he's the worst ever, and why do you think the French would have given a solitary *f##k* about a Royal anniversary?

Your post kinda reads like you started drinking early this evening!

Dez33

by Dez33

wingguy wrote:
xena wrote:You tell me Wiggins was a great tour champion . He was the worst tour winner ever and the whole thing was set up for him in the year of the GB Olympics and another big royal celebration . Its not a coincidence. Wake the Fu%5. up

I wouldn't say Wiggins is a great TdF champion. I'd say he's a great cyclist, and a TdF champion. Why do you think he's the worst ever, and why do you think the French would have given a solitary *f##k* about a Royal anniversary?

Bjarne Riis = worst tour champion ever. Wiggins not even close to worst.

jrennie

by jrennie

I can think of several worse just in the last decade. Winner by default Oscar Pererio jumps right out.

maquisard

by maquisard

Yes, Oscar Pererio, the doper who won the TdF with a half-assed breakaway from another doper

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

hasbeen wrote:remember, riding the turbo after an injury is the new beet root juice.

No, it's simply just the best way to try and hold on to form.

prebsy wrote:Yeah but now companies can sell a $1200 unit with that promise of new found fitness.

Yep. I ride my Kickr and think 'this thing really does ride just like my $80 trainer'...

:roll:

Dez33

by Dez33

Sacke wrote:
prebsy wrote:Yeah but now companies can sell a $1200 unit with that promise of new found fitness.

And proven to work "better" than training outdoors, by a victory in Paris-Roubaix, and heroic efforts in the Tour of California.

There is no question that hour an indoor v hour outdoor is more beneficial training. It's just whether people have the patience to continually do it. I literally do not even go outdoors if its only going to be an hour ride. Much better doing the trainer and I've been doing that for the last 20 years, not just because of the new Zwift craze and the Sky is doing it so it must be good fad.

And if you have a broken arm or shoulder, etc, what other option is there but to ride the trainer?

sychen

by sychen

maquisard wrote:Yes, Oscar Pererio, the doper who won the TdF with a half-assed breakaway from another doper

Between him and Riis you have a perfect summary of what is wrong with cycling then and now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jvanv8

by jvanv8

xena wrote:..
I'm English I didn't vote and I don't give a fU%%, the world is run by money, this Brexit is all bullship and means nothing.

The world thinks otherwise.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Tony Martin looking lean ahead of TDF, once again German TT champ with a speed of 49.97km/h on the 41km course
I think it looks like he lost some weight right ?

micky

by micky

It's also the 1st victory of the season, while normally he get some under his belt well before July.

szymonef

by szymonef

Tony apparently did lost some weight. His TT positon also changed a lot:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:

Good response :lol: I actually had quite a tough ride on the bike yesterday. I did have a JD and coke before I went to bed.

Back on topic . Its the UCI who run cycling and IMO that tour was set up for a Wiggo win. Huge amount of TT and really poor rivals way off their best , Cadel in particular was very poor and definitely not at his best. Froome really should have done what Berti did to Armstrong at discovery and won that tour at least we would have had some excitement. It was the most boring GT I have ever watched, just appalling.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/