2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mattr

by mattr

That womens giro thing looks like they read about blocking in a book and it's the first time they'd actually tried it in race conditions.

Much like 3rd/4th cat racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Big difference between blocking the road like Rabo-Liv did, and doing what the Belgians did by simply not pulling through, or pulling through at a very slightly decreased tempo.

That said, Mara Abbott should have placed her hand on the hip of the rider blocking her in, and given her a brief, forceful shove. Bruce Lee one inch punch sort of thing. I'm 143lbs/65kg and can easily move a 200lb/90kg rider if necessary. I don't think any race jury worth their salt would DQ Abbott or anyone else for doing that.

beswiss

by beswiss

TBH the Belgians didn't have to disrupt a lot in that group, except for Degenkolb, the others weren't chasing very hard/ didn't seem to do a lot of effort keeping the Belgians out of the pacing line. (Probably not strong enough)
Degenkolb's frustration must have come from dropping back from the front group due to a puncture as well.
Fair play to Debusschere for doing his work for the Belgian team as well while Greipel was in that chasing group. Degenkolb shouted at him: It's for your own f***ing team mate.
Also wondering how 'motivated, or even if the motivation was still there, decompressioned Tony Martin was after winning the TT.
C'dale SuperSix Evo Sram Red, Cube Agree GTC Race SL, Granville MTB XT

Norregard

by Norregard

Joaquim Rodriguez postponing his retirement, he'll be riding with Bahrain-Merida next year! Good news, I feel he still has a shot at the Ardennes classics.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

yeah... not really. but he's a big name after all and B-M might need someone experienced as they're probably lacking solid classic guys in their line up no?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

wingguy

by wingguy

Talk was a few weeks ago that his signature was worth a shedload of cash for his WT points, no matter what he races next season

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

It's all about his WT points. But Rodriguez is, by every account I've heard, a great guy. So cannot hold it against him by cashing in.

Just means his goodbye race at San Sebastian now looks a little awkward. But I'm sure than Spanish won't mind throwing him another bash.

Multebear

by Multebear

I'm trying to find footage of the exact moment, when the decisive break was made in the men's elite road race. Youtube doesn't really help. I saw a gif on instagram as well. But can't find it now. Could someone help out with a link?

mrgray

by mrgray

@ 178.3 km's to go it sort of starts off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g-PKcggpnk

i have that at 2:39:51 if it doesn't auto come up for you
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

mrgray

by mrgray

@ 177.5 km's they have gone round that corner and the brits have formed the first echelon.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

micky

by micky

Multebear wrote:Degen-splash:
"he asked for a refreshment, and I just fulfilled his wish" :beerchug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLn-A2QBg7U/

He lost it a bit during the race, but hat off for the answer! lol

Antoine

by Antoine

for the first 3 stages of this year TDF in Normandy :

- 878 000 spectators , 438 710 beeing tourists from elsewhere

- tourists spent 22.6 millions euros

- the costs were 5 millions for the Normandy

For about 1 euro expense it's 5 euros income

http://www.normandie-actu.fr/tour-de-france-2016-en-normandie-plus-de-22-millions-d-euros-de-retombees-financieres_238549/

Rudi

by Rudi

Probably a 2017 'Pro' cycling question - Does anyone know what the colours/kit of the new Bahrain team or new sposored teams like Bora Hansgrohe are likely to be?

Bahrain flag colours? I think that was the basis of the Bahrain Endurance 13 Triathlon team kit.
Hansgrohe corporate colors - aqua green (?) and white. Not sure anyone else is in those colours. Bora seem to be largely black so black and green?

Looks Like Lotto Jumbo riding in Shimano Kit next year (says Cycling news).
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

viller

by viller

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Maybe Rodriguez will never ride again... Once the team gets the WT status, they don't really need him.