2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rkan

by rkan

hasbeen wrote:Oakley would not have been one of the companies I would of bet on to start labeling their own cycling gear in the pro peleton. I wonder who at Oakley is behind it. MOA stuff most likely though.

The certain man here on a contract with DiData could be one reason: http://www.oakley.com/en/sports/road-cy ... -cavendish
Nicely rocking his etixx kit still.. I'm still yet to spot Cavendish in a DiData kit.. Perhaps the Specialized deals etc take him past the New Years? :lol:

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Pro kits. You'd be surprised how much Nalini/Moa, TEXMarket, and Bioracer stuff goes out the door w/o their labels on it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

GonaSovereign wrote:Pro kits. You'd be surprised how much Nalini/Moa, TEXMarket, and Bioracer stuff goes out the door w/o their labels on it...

Judging by the number of jerseys I see with the distinctive striped material that BioRacer pioneered in their made to measure skinsuits, BioRacer has really stepped up their level of supply.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Just like Tinkoff, looks like Etixx is off the FSA crank (No p2max this year?) and onto Dura Ace.. except don't see any Power meter on the bikes from the video... stages maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2NrIZI0_4

chayanat

by chayanat

Ryder's new bike

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

-17 degrees anatomic drop bars at a 140mm and 40cm wide, I want that too...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Willier

by Willier

ParisCarbon wrote:Just like Tinkoff, looks like Etixx is off the FSA crank (No p2max this year?) and onto Dura Ace.. except don't see any Power meter on the bikes from the video... stages maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2NrIZI0_4

Etixx are on 4iiii powermeters

micky

by micky

Yes there's already an article back at end of October about it and they will use Pissei clothing.

109er

by 109er

A few years back I wore a lot of Curve stuff that was identical to many Nalini, MOA, Endura, Sportful, and AGU articles of clothing. I had the same speedsuit Movistar used, the same jerseys that Astana had, the same shorts just a different leg cuff as Rabobank. It was all really nice. It just had a different name on it. All made in Italy. Most companies are made by one or a few different factories. Sometimes you can specify how long you want the legs, what cuff, how long your sleeves are, etc. Pretty cool.

Etixx seriously on 4iiii? I have a buddy who got one of the first ones. Like a tiny Stages. It's not the most accurate by more than a little. But it is consistent, which is the main thing. Pretty interesting.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

seanblurr

by seanblurr

How many of these pro teams actually use the power meters that they claim and/or are sponsored by?

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages and Garmin didn't actually use the Vector pedal for anything but the highest profile events?
Instagram @seanblurr

maquisard

by maquisard

seanblurr wrote:How many of these pro teams actually use the power meters that they claim and/or are sponsored by?

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages...

Citation required...

Lampre used the Rotor powermeter, and before that they used Power2Max to test the proto Rotor units against.

Belkin/Lotto have definitely been using Pioneer and their riders have been uploading the data to Strava.

Movistar were definitely using Power2Max.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

chayanat wrote:Ryder's new bike

if I was getting another bike today... that would be the one.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I don't think I ever saw Garmin with anything but an SRM last year except for a few images of Talanksy's TT bike from the TdF with a Quarq on it...

seanblurr wrote:How many of these pro teams actually use the power meters that they claim and/or are sponsored by?

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages and Garmin didn't actually use the Vector pedal for anything but the highest profile events?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

maquisard wrote:

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages...

Citation required...

Lampre used the Rotor powermeter, and before that they used Power2Max to test the proto Rotor units against.

Belkin/Lotto have definitely been using Pioneer and their riders have been uploading the data to Strava.

Movistar were definitely using Power2Max.

Lampre bought many P2Ms they used in training and racing until the Rotor units were more stable. Even then many guys still preferred them.

Sky was supposedly (rumored from a rider) using SRMs in anything that was not photographed until Stages made them DS sensors. Too many guys were having power deltas from old PMs and/or had asymmetries that were comprimising data integrity.

Loads of riders used to buy their own SRMs or were given them by distributors and often keep them on spare, CX, or training bikes.

Garmin Vector pods were obviously dummies and many of them were using P2Ms with no stickers or SRMs last year.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike