Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8022 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5535 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:59 pm 

hasbeen wrote:
Oakley would not have been one of the companies I would of bet on to start labeling their own cycling gear in the pro peleton. I wonder who at Oakley is behind it. MOA stuff most likely though.

The certain man here on a contract with DiData could be one reason: http://www.oakley.com/en/sports/road-cy ... -cavendish
Nicely rocking his etixx kit still.. I'm still yet to spot Cavendish in a DiData kit.. Perhaps the Specialized deals etc take him past the New Years? :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:44 pm 

Pro kits. You'd be surprised how much Nalini/Moa, TEXMarket, and Bioracer stuff goes out the door w/o their labels on it...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:01 pm 

GonaSovereign wrote:
Pro kits. You'd be surprised how much Nalini/Moa, TEXMarket, and Bioracer stuff goes out the door w/o their labels on it...

Judging by the number of jerseys I see with the distinctive striped material that BioRacer pioneered in their made to measure skinsuits, BioRacer has really stepped up their level of supply.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:06 pm 

Just like Tinkoff, looks like Etixx is off the FSA crank (No p2max this year?) and onto Dura Ace.. except don't see any Power meter on the bikes from the video... stages maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2NrIZI0_4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:10 pm 

Ryder's new bike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:13 pm 

-17 degrees anatomic drop bars at a 140mm and 40cm wide, I want that too...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fuji SL 1.1 http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=140134&hilit=Fuji

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:26 pm 

ParisCarbon wrote:
Just like Tinkoff, looks like Etixx is off the FSA crank (No p2max this year?) and onto Dura Ace.. except don't see any Power meter on the bikes from the video... stages maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2NrIZI0_4

Etixx are on 4iiii powermeters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:48 pm 

Team Southeast on Wilier?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAC1fdGxpyn/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:32 pm 

Yes there's already an article back at end of October about it and they will use Pissei clothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:43 pm 

A few years back I wore a lot of Curve stuff that was identical to many Nalini, MOA, Endura, Sportful, and AGU articles of clothing. I had the same speedsuit Movistar used, the same jerseys that Astana had, the same shorts just a different leg cuff as Rabobank. It was all really nice. It just had a different name on it. All made in Italy. Most companies are made by one or a few different factories. Sometimes you can specify how long you want the legs, what cuff, how long your sleeves are, etc. Pretty cool.

Etixx seriously on 4iiii? I have a buddy who got one of the first ones. Like a tiny Stages. It's not the most accurate by more than a little. But it is consistent, which is the main thing. Pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:23 pm 

How many of these pro teams actually use the power meters that they claim and/or are sponsored by?

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages and Garmin didn't actually use the Vector pedal for anything but the highest profile events?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:03 am 

seanblurr wrote:
How many of these pro teams actually use the power meters that they claim and/or are sponsored by?

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages...

Citation required...

Lampre used the Rotor powermeter, and before that they used Power2Max to test the proto Rotor units against.

Belkin/Lotto have definitely been using Pioneer and their riders have been uploading the data to Strava.

Movistar were definitely using Power2Max.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 am 

chayanat wrote:
Ryder's new bike

if I was getting another bike today... that would be the one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:29 am 

I don't think I ever saw Garmin with anything but an SRM last year except for a few images of Talanksy's TT bike from the TdF with a Quarq on it...

seanblurr wrote:

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages and Garmin didn't actually use the Vector pedal for anything but the highest profile events?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:19 am 

maquisard wrote:
seanblurr wrote:

Wasn't it fairly common knowledge that Sky didn't actually use Stages...

Citation required...

Lampre used the Rotor powermeter, and before that they used Power2Max to test the proto Rotor units against.

Belkin/Lotto have definitely been using Pioneer and their riders have been uploading the data to Strava.

Movistar were definitely using Power2Max.

Lampre bought many P2Ms they used in training and racing until the Rotor units were more stable. Even then many guys still preferred them.

Sky was supposedly (rumored from a rider) using SRMs in anything that was not photographed until Stages made them DS sensors. Too many guys were having power deltas from old PMs and/or had asymmetries that were comprimising data integrity.

Loads of riders used to buy their own SRMs or were given them by distributors and often keep them on spare, CX, or training bikes.

Garmin Vector pods were obviously dummies and many of them were using P2Ms with no stickers or SRMs last year.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8022 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5535 Next