2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sacke

by Sacke

Javier Gomez Venge Vias looks good, because the graphics are masking the funkiest shapes of the frame. Un-Viased version. ;)

Haydn

by Haydn

It looks amazing! Beautiful & ugly at the same time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Kayrehn wrote:It's still more aero than the Synthe? Might be important on flat windy courses. Anyway I really like the colour of the helmet going nicely with that kit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's still a model available for sale from Giro so I am sure they want to sell some of them. If no team is seen to wear them, you lose the marketing benefit of pro teams using it. Could be as simple as that.

53x12

by 53x12

Haydn wrote:It looks amazing! Beautiful & ugly at the same time.

It is that horrendous stem that ruins the looks for me.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

plpete

by plpete

I think some testing was done on both the Synthe and Air Attack. Synth was more efficient in a more traditional position with the head up looking forward where as the Air attack was faster in a more aero position with the head dropped low as in the sprint. Given how close those sprints have been I could see at least Kristoff prefer the air attack.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

The most recent aero helmet test I saw put the new Synthe worse off then the Prevail. I.e. not aero at all.
Instagram @seanblurr

53x12

by 53x12

Nice win by Gilbert.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

djconnel

by djconnel

He said at the top of the last climb there were 20 guys left and 7 were BMC. Van Garderen attacked solo until getting caught at 2 km to go. Eventually Ben Hermans lead Gilbert into the sprint. And it was a perfect finish for him. Impressive.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Mikel Landa has put off his season debut two times now. Something going on there?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Doesn't have access to the fuel from Astana anymore.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Sacke

by Sacke

LeDuke wrote:Mikel Landa has put off his season debut two times now. Something going on there?

Telephone conversation between Big Dave and Landa.

D: "Hola Mikel. Is everything ok? We signed you, because you practically dropped Aru and Contador whenever you wanted to..."

M: "Hola Dave. Me not feel so good. I told you I need a special diet to be the best climber."

D: "Mikel, we talked about this. You must understand that we do not eat those steaks here at Sky."

M: "Dave, my friend... if you want me to race and win, I must have those steaks, or something that is as rich in special Spanish vitamin"

D: "Get on your trainer, do the 7 hour HIIT sessions 5 days a week, and you will get there."

M: "But Dave, it's 20° outside and the sun is shining!"

D: "Get on your trainer!!" -Hangs up.

M: "You want to play it like that... take this". - SMS to Dave B: "Sorry Dave, I think I have a blister on my foot. I will start racing a little later. My doctor says it is not safe to take any risks."

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

mrlobber wrote:Doesn't have access to the fuel from Astana anymore.

The gear he'll have access to at Sky is far more potent than anything Astana are using!

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Sacke wrote:D: "Get on your trainer, do the 7 hour HIIT sessions 5 days a week, and you will get there."

M: "But Dave, it's 20° outside and the sun is shining!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

More please! :beerchug:
Ride it like you stole it

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Landa is reportably ill. Nothing weird about that itself but in combination with missing the earlier debut to 'focus on TT training' seems weird given that he's prepping for the giro. Even more weird given Sky's past approach of 'learning to win' with wiggo, porte, and froome in prep races.

Sacke

by Sacke

petepeterson wrote:Landa is reportably ill. Nothing weird about that itself but in combination with missing the earlier debut to 'focus on TT training' seems weird given that he's prepping for the giro. Even more weird given Sky's past approach of 'learning to win' with wiggo, porte, and froome in prep races.

Are there any examples of newly signed riders that have delayed the start of their first season with Sky until they were "ready"?

Any references of what the "learning to win" approach in practice means? Would that be a cause to keep Landa out of the game, if he isn't fit enough to actually even have a chance to win?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com