2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

plpete wrote:What's up with the unfinished bar tape? In an interview with the team mechanic they apparently got his bike down to 20 grams within the weight limit.

Plenty of places to lose that last 20 grams on there. Someone needs to talk to that mechanic for not doing their job properly! :lol:

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Shoulders Guy looks like he focused on full aero and kept the weight down. I dont remember, did he race without bottles? What extensions is he running?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Without bottle cages even.

Vision Trimax something something.

My wife and I could not get over how totally weird he looked in a pink skinsuit. :D

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Rondje wrote:
TurboKoo wrote:Does anyone have a good picture of the wheels Kruijswijk was using during todays stage?

Posted his bike 1 page back:

Sorry didn't see this due to Tapatalk.

Actually I was looking for action pictures since to my eyes wheels looked a bit different in tv.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

TurboKoo wrote:
Rondje wrote:
TurboKoo wrote:Does anyone have a good picture of the wheels Kruijswijk was using during todays stage?

Posted his bike 1 page back:

Sorry didn't see this due to Tapatalk.

Actually I was looking for action pictures since to my eyes wheels looked a bit different in tv.

djconnel

by djconnel

ave wrote:Wow, Cavendish won! And by some margin! WTF! :)

I was surprised not by Cavendish, of course, who rolled in with the main pack on the Levi's Gran Fondo stage the day prior and took it easy on the time trial the day before and thus I considered to be essentially a lock, but by Kristof, who BARELY beat Sagan the day before despite the latter's late-stage solo break and then finished behind him in the last stage. But then jet lag plays a roll in this race for the Euro-based riders.

In the women's race, my pick for the last stage was US crit champion Coryn Rivera, but she finished the same place she had the day before, behind Vos, but this time Vos was 3rd instead of 1st.

jooo

by jooo

Was it windy on course?

Honestly I'm just a little surprised to not see a disc used in any of the footage I saw. Seems like there was a decent bit of flat at the beginning and a few steady sections at ridden at a reasonable speed :noidea:

If short course TT extensions made sense, then why not a LW Autobahn? They're pretty common these days, it doesn't really come with a weight penalty and the lateral stiffness and aero tests well.

micky

by micky

szymonef wrote:Joe Dombro has uploaded his power data from Giro TT. Avg 410W for ~29 minutes, impressive numbers. Some sources state his weight is 63 kg, some that it's 68 kg. Either way, that gives 6.0 W/kg or 6.5 W/kg, stunning, considering fatigue caused by previous stages where he definitely wasn't saving himself.

The surgery finally is paying off!

Sacke

by Sacke

jooo wrote:Was it windy on course?

Honestly I'm just a little surprised to not see a disc used in any of the footage I saw. Seems like there was a decent bit of flat at the beginning and a few steady sections at ridden at a reasonable speed :noidea:

If short course TT extensions made sense, then why not a LW Autobahn? They're pretty common these days, it doesn't really come with a weight penalty and the lateral stiffness and aero tests well.

Almost no wind (12km/h or 3m/s) but maybe this is the more plausible explanation...

zirxo

by zirxo

I was suprised that mr. shoulders didn't use the Di2 TT shifters on his aero bars. Seems like an easy aero gain not having to shift position while shifting gears.

Rondje

by Rondje

Iam Cycling quits after 2016, can't find a co-sponsor: https://twitter.com/IAM_Cycling/status/ ... 3492240384

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I Am Not Cycling?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Sacke

by Sacke

Sad thing about IAM cycling. They didn't really get the results, and neither did they master the communication/PR side of things to engage with fans. Too bad really... Maybe their license being up for grabs can encourage one of the long rumoured cycling team projects to get a boost.

On another note... Rigoberto Uran riding a new color scheme of the Supersix Evo. Maybe the 2017 Team colors? In that case... me likes a lot!

Image from Beardys Caravan.

Rondje

by Rondje

Or weight saving with the black color for the TT, just like Kruijswijk with the black bike.

While we are at paint jobs, must be the worst Bianchi ever:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JamieL

by JamieL

Probably deserves to go here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=77170