2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

The problem with team budget caps, or salary caps as others have said is that it doesn't take into account special bonus payments, although these should definitely appear on audited company accounts. You also have to question the logic in limiting the amount of money a sponsor wants to bring to the sport.

I think smaller teams are the answer in the short term.

nfecyle

by nfecyle

What about not capping team budget, but capping race day rider salary. Teams could sign multi million dollar salary rider, but they can only bring riders with certain total amount of salary to a race. If a leader of grand tour make 4m, teams can only bring riders with salary total 5m. Small teams could still bring their best riders, while big teams not.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lrdunc

by lrdunc

pdlpsher1 wrote:Here's the Tour de France condensed into a seven minute video. It's nicely done. Viva le Tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVESBA7VeQA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting.

Here's another good highlight edit I found last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1en5X9b0U6k

KWalker

by KWalker

https://medium.com/@stevemagness/no-one ... .rmlj9gtpn

Applies to running mainly, but likely also cycling.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xena
Banned

by xena

hna wrote:
Skylark wrote: This shows EPO isn't happening these days.

It most likely tells us that EPO doping isn't happening in the same way that it used to do. My assumption is that smaller micro dosages give a great effect without the danger of the blood clotting up during night time. We know that the doses they took in the 90's was much greater than what you would take in a micro dose regime.

Did you see my post on the previous page? i.e. plus I have now added a few bits
EPO thickens the Blood " volume" . In its early usage there were lots of deaths.
I have no idea what athletes are taking now. Look at SARMS for example and how targeted they are to a given benefit. For teams athletes with big money then I would imagine custom drugs may be the norm.
Going back to EPO. If athletes, mainly endurance athletes are using it they would be micro dosing.
taking small amounts on a daily and undetectable but with the same benefits as higher doses and no side effects whatsoever but I'm inclined to think that something new his being used [ I still think blood doping is going on as well] along with corti for the extreme weight loss but no power loss etc Froome had a TUE for corti so it must still be effective in that area.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Skylark

by Skylark

Brailsford's semen anyone?

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

KWalker wrote:https://medium.com/@stevemagness/no-one-really-wants-a-whistle-blower-russia-the-ioc-and-doping-6c0c2461bba7#.rmlj9gtpn

Applies to running mainly, but likely also cycling.

I'd say - applies to real life. it's sad and depressing, but that's how this world is built really, and sport is no different. it's something I've been always saying - if anybody was serious about fighting doping, first thing they'd demand is naming people implicated in the dealings. they don't, they never had and never will. it's all just a fugazi. better focus on sock lenght or measure air resistance looking at a picture than speak about it.

if you wan't to be an honest athlete, just don't compete at the highest level. or don't compete at all. that's what I do - what's the point of racing with dudes openly admitting to doping? it's like trying to compete on a market paying your taxes to the very last dime. won't work in the long run.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

What's the deal with Sky being allowed to change the colour of their strip for the final stage into Paris? Are they essentially allowed as it's the same shirt just with different colouring (change from blue to yellow)

Skylark

by Skylark

Those are jerseys from the Mavic neutral vehicle for the rest of the team.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

either way..... what's the worse that can happen? UCI fines them like 10 swiss francs?

team sky be like

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Lol Nathan
Colnago e Campagnolo

KWalker

by KWalker

Luke Rowe looks like he has no clue about how to properly chug a beer whilst moving, shame on you Luke.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

milroy

by milroy

It's an outrage. I bet they had that planned weeks in advance.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Somebody needs to tell Sky that the team overall went to somebody else. Pretty classless if you ask me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caddis

by caddis

Did the womens La Course riders drink beer also, because only about 20 manage to the finnish line?