2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

tymon_tm wrote:I think this is the appropriate attire for the UCI gala in Abu Dhabi. Don't you agree?
:lol:

Not disagreeing, but trainers with that outfit, really? Lack of commitment to the look. And his trousers are too short.

Also wondering how long he's going to allow his hair to get.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Miller wrote:but trainers with that outfit, really? Lack of commitment to the look. And his trousers are too short.

That's the look he was going for! :thumbup:

Multebear

by Multebear

mrgray wrote:@ 178.3 km's to go it sort of starts off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g-PKcggpnk

i have that at 2:39:51 if it doesn't auto come up for you

I've been watching this section a couple of times to establish, where Sagan's at. He said at the post race interview, that he bridged the gap of about 30-40 meters from 2nd to 1st group. I've been trying to find out, if the cameras cought him bridging the gap. But haven't really succeeded. Could someone confirm, that it's Sagan sitting in the second group between two dutch riders at exactly 2:41:47 in about 10th position? And again between two dutch riders at 2:42:01? At 2:44:05 you get a quick glimpse of him in the first group. But no footage of him bridging.

boysa

by boysa

I'd love to see his data from the effort to get across.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

He is Sagan, he teleported.
Using Tapatalk

OJ

by OJ

Multebear wrote:
OJ wrote:
Plus I know some cops who are like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde on duty vs. off duty.

Might I remind you, that cops are just normal people. Everyone can loose their temper cop or no cop.

Degenkolb seems to be a stand up guy. I wouldn't get surprised, if he offers a public apology at some point.

Sure they are. My post was in reply to a comment suggesting that a cop would be able to keep cool under pressure better than somebody else.

Anyway. I finally got around to watching the race and German team pooped the bed big time. Can understand their frustration.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OJ

by OJ

Multebear wrote:

I've been watching this section a couple of times to establish, where Sagan's at. He said at the post race interview, that he bridged the gap of about 30-40 meters from 2nd to 1st group. I've been trying to find out, if the cameras cought him bridging the gap. But haven't really succeeded. Could someone confirm, that it's Sagan sitting in the second group between two dutch riders at exactly 2:41:47 in about 10th position? And again between two dutch riders at 2:42:01? At 2:44:05 you get a quick glimpse of him in the first group. But no footage of him bridging.

Since there was only 3 Slovakian riders in the race and the other two wore fluorescent yellow helmets, I'm pretty sure it was Sagan between the dutch riders. You can see him starting his bridge before the second right turn just before cutting to show the back of the peloton. Looks like the group came together after that turn, but the Dutch team was in the gutter and couldn't hang on.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vagabond

by Vagabond

maquisard wrote:
Miller wrote:but trainers with that outfit, really? Lack of commitment to the look. And his trousers are too short.

What look is that? Lokking like an idiot that can't buy properly fitting pants or worse is into the trendy hipster style of short pants and who furthermore wears athletic shoes with a suit? And all of that from the winner?!?! Mission accomplished. Spare me the individuality nonsense because to me that has nothing to do with it. He just won the Worlds for a second time. It's an honor. Respect that. Cue the Sagan fan boys and apologists in 3, 2, 1. . . I'm already missing Fabian.
Colnago e Campagnolo

cdncyclist

by cdncyclist

Multebear wrote:

Here is the best video I have found (cyclinghubtv) that attempts to show this (and still not great, I don't think the camera's caught this very well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5xK7n ... e=youtu.be

russianbear

by russianbear

Vagabond wrote:
maquisard wrote:

What look is that? Lokking like an idiot that can't buy properly fitting pants or worse is into the trendy hipster style of short pants and who furthermore wears athletic shoes with a suit? And all of that from the winner?!?! Mission accomplished. Spare me the individuality nonsense because to me that has nothing to do with it. He just won the Worlds for a second time. It's an honor. Respect that. Cue the Sagan fan boys and apologists in 3, 2, 1. . . I'm already missing Fabian.

Did you complain about Cipo too?

It's a probably passing style sure, Google image search Thom Browne suit to see more examples. It's not that out there.

Go tell the kids to get off your lawn.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Nah Cipo was awesome! I loved his skinsuits and showing up with a toga was the coolest Tour entrance ever. Cipo had enough class to know when to play and when to dress tbe part. But then again my expectations aren't very high for one who gropes a woman on a podium at one of the most prestigious cycling races there is.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Vagabond

by Vagabond

russianbear wrote:
Go tell the kids to get off your lawn.

And what does this have to do with anything? The butt pincher isn't a kid anymore and he and the other children are more than welcome to play on my lawn.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Multebear

by Multebear

cdncyclist wrote:
Here is the best video I have found (cyclinghubtv) that attempts to show this (and still not great, I don't think the camera's caught this very well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5xK7n ... e=youtu.be

Actually I think he does a decent job trying to explain, how Sagan bridged the gap. It's the footage, that comes short. And I think he's right, when he mentions, that Sagan tucks right before the second right hand turn and opens full gas. This also shows the world class rider Sagan is, since no one else could follow him. He is truly a top puncheur.

And true that the germans missed their chance. But Degenkolb actually made the first group, but had a puncture, which is not shown in the footage. And Greipel was the one in no mans land between 1st and 2nd group, but just couldn't close the gap. If Greipel was in better form, more like Sagan form, then he would have been able to close easily. Besides that, if Greipels team had been in place, they would have been right in front of him and could have closed the gap for him. The way I see it, it was Greipels team who failed in helping him to make it to the first group.

But as mentioned by others, the belgians and britons played that crosswind situation beautifully, and most other riders were just caught snoozing.
Last edited by Multebear on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Multebear

by Multebear

Vagabond wrote:

He just won the WC for the second time. He can do whatever the f*ck he wants.

Besides that, he just adds so much color to the sport. Most riders are so boring and subdued including Spartacus. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Spartacus, but he is a bit boring.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Indeed, Cancellara is a bit boring and takes himself a little seriously. I recall in one interview when questioned about whether he went skiing in winter, Cancellara replied yes, and that he was "a multi function man of sport"! He said that seriously.

Sagan is what the sport needs in the face of boring guys like Froome. Can say the same of Cavendish, nice to have someone with a bit of personality.