2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

prendrefeu wrote:I know it's tradition to have the last stage be a 'parade' for the leader, however outside of the final-stage-as-TT with Lemond has there ever been a shuffle of podium spots on the last day? I mean, really: this thread has quite a number of posters who tout the "IT'S A RACE!" byline, so in that case the last stage is still a race. Why not go balls-out and attack when that yellow jersey's team is lining up for their champagne pictures and media? Why not just kill it without mercy, what is there to lose? Tradition? Respect? "IT'S A RACE" right?

Apart from Lemond overtaking Fignon in the TT on the final day of the '89 Tour, Jan Jansens did the same to Herman Van Springel in 1968, overcoming him in the final day TT, though the margin wasn't as close as in '89.

Jean Robic in 1947 attacked the race in the final stage from Caen to Paris. He was third, about three minutes back on the Italian Brambilla at the start of the day. He attacked and Brambilla lost track of him and Robic ended up gaining a 13minute advantage by the end of the stage in Paris and won the yellow jersey.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

xena wrote:6. Sky's lack of preparation for not have running shoes available for their Riders :lol:

Rest assured that they will have a few pairs in several sizes in each team car at every race going forward!! Marginal gains!

And we can all look to what they use to find the best pair to use for very short and slow panicked runs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

maquisard wrote:The most bizarre crash was Pierre Rolland's crash in which his bike just slipped out from under him in a corner. He wasn't doing anything odd, road surface looked okay and he wasn't going too fast or leaning too much.

It looked to me like there was a trail of crap down the road that disappeared off to the right hand side of the spectators that were watching on the outside of the bend, like something had crossed over (tractor and trailer maybe?).

Also knowing he got the Peyresourde decent wrong last weekend, his wet descending confidence probably wasn't at its highest.
Official cafe stop tester

xena
Banned

by xena

BdaGhisallo wrote:
xena wrote:6. Sky's lack of preparation for not have running shoes available for their Riders :lol:

Rest assured that they will have a few pairs in several sizes in each team car at every race going forward!! Marginal gains!

And we can all look to what they use to find the best pair to use for very short and slow panicked runs.

I just had a chat with DB he showed me what Sky have planned for next year in case it happens again. At the early development stage

Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Skylark

by Skylark

Stage 19 was not one for underage viewers. There was Nibbles cuddling a 14 year old boy on the ground right in the middle of the tour with everyone watching at the side of the road.

Sacke

by Sacke

Anyone know of rumors where Jarlinson Pantano would be heading next year?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jekyll man

by jekyll man

The other team he's been riding for this week- trek
Official cafe stop tester

maquisard

by maquisard

Trek are building a real GT focused Team for next year. Moving on from the Cancellara era

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Dan Martin's ears should be getting removed right...about...

Now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sacke

by Sacke

Dan Martin is fine. He kept his top 10, didnt he?

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Sacke wrote:Dan Martin is fine. He kept his top 10, didnt he?

Based on my faulty initial math I thought he'd slipped down to 11th. Didn't account for Aru and Mollema implosions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Last edited by LeDuke on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgt

by kgt

Another boring TdF IMO. Froome deserved it. Congratulations to Bardet. Respect to Valverde.
Last edited by kgt on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hna

by hna

Aru dropping like a rock down the GC.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Bad day for Borat, assume he's ill

When's the Olympic road race?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wojchiech

by wojchiech

impressed with Alaphilippe this season, could he be France's next greatest GC hope?