2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

wingguy wrote:World Tour chaos!

The way I read this was all the teams concerned made an agreement to sue over whichever way the UCI ruling feel, ensuring that to avoid a legal battle this was the end result and all the teams win.

Whatever the case, that DD could have the season they did and still face not having enough WT points says, to me, that there is a flaw in the system.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Bahrain Merida colours look very similar to Team Wiggins. The red and navy blue go quite well together.

pastronef

by pastronef

both Elissonde and Rosa confirmed to Sky
:thumbup:

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

micky wrote:Image

Interesting crank choice. I wonder if it will standard.

prebsy

by prebsy

Crank, cockpit, wheels, drive-train all different companies. I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.

pastronef

by pastronef

prebsy wrote:Crank, cockpit, wheels, drive-train all different companies. I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.

same thing as Lampre-Merida

Shimano drivetrain, Rotor cranks, Fulcrum wheels, FSA bars etc etc. too mish mash. never liked

pastronef

by pastronef

Etixx steps down as a named sponsor, Etixx-QuickStep team to become QuickStep floors next season.

https://twitter.com/SadhbhOS/status/791627450677616644

wingguy

by wingguy

Tinea Pedis wrote:

The way I read this was all the teams concerned made an agreement to sue over whichever way the UCI ruling feel, ensuring that to avoid a legal battle this was the end result and all the teams win.

Yeah they win this year - but next year some of them lose again. Unless they sue again or something else happens completely! :P And meanwhile all the new WT races lose because now they are not actually World Tour races in any way except the name.

Whatever the case, that DD could have the season they did and still face not having enough WT points says, to me, that there is a flaw in the system.

Right? :noidea:

KWalker

by KWalker

Tinea Pedis wrote:

I thought the same thing, but then realized that it really comes down to race classification flaws. The system makes sense, but DD just didn't have enough consistency in the top ranked races, which skewed the weighting.

To me it shouldn't just be a weight assigned to the course by it's rank, but also the distribution of WT teams at the race, race length, and perhaps variables for things such as terrain or weather. That would be a lot more accurate.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

And that the points weighting is still heavily in favour of GC. Five TdF stage wins, mountains class at Vuelta and a bucketload of other wins yet still behind Cannondale. And not even by a little bit either. Yet no one would say Cannondale had a better season than DD.

To me it's flawed. The UCI have also now bought themselves two years to fix the problem.

ave

by ave

What is that crankset on that Merida?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

ave wrote:What is that crankset on that Merida?

it's SRM's own
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/09/02/eb1 ... of-colors/

ave

by ave

Thanks. No wonder it looked like a non drive side Clavicula. :)

havana

by havana

Which saddle brand and bar tape are on the Merida?
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fiery

by Fiery

Looks like Prologo.