2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spud

by spud

knowing nothing about his metrics, seems like he'd be talented going up hills too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maury

by Maury

That's what I thought about Zabriskie for a long time. I think they are both just incredibly aero and powerful. But not as powerful as the best climbers.
Sagan is a SUPERSTAR. A F*ucking //////cane. The man
("pinching butts" - you haven't made mistakes)
Mechanical doping is not as bad as reguar doping because you can't use it in training.
The more you learn about Pauline Ferrand-Prevot...
I refuse to believe that Adam Blythe isn't sacrificing power for fashion with his position.
I'm not sure how I feel about Phinney at Cannondale... We'll see. Formolo is a big talent. also.
What does it say if Europcar is willing to lose Rolland?
MTB has hit a sweet spot with 1:30 races sprinkled with very techincal sections.
The Tour is in good hands with Prudhomme.
The UCI should relax the rules on TT bikes, but keep the rules for road bikes.

KWalker

by KWalker

One thing for sure, Blythe is going nowhere fast floating from team to team.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Maury wrote:That's what I thought about Zabriskie for a long time. I think they are both just incredibly aero and powerful. But not as powerful as the best climbers.
Sagan is a SUPERSTAR. A F*ucking //////cane. The man
("pinching butts" - you haven't made mistakes)
Mechanical doping is not as bad as reguar doping because you can't use it in training.
The more you learn about Pauline Ferrand-Prevot...
I refuse to believe that Adam Blythe isn't sacrificing power for fashion with his position.
I'm not sure how I feel about Phinney at Cannondale... We'll see. Formolo is a big talent. also.
What does it say if Europcar is willing to lose Rolland?
MTB has hit a sweet spot with 1:30 races sprinkled with very techincal sections.
The Tour is in good hands with Prudhomme.
The UCI should relax the rules on TT bikes, but keep the rules for road bikes.

lol amazing post.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

haha best post on here in a looooong time.

borist

by borist

petepeterson wrote:haha best post on here in a looooong time.

What about all the gems from xena? :wink:

bJay

by bJay

borist wrote:
petepeterson wrote:haha best post on here in a looooong time.

What about all the gems from he who shall not be named? :wink:

Fixed it for you :thumbup:
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

maquisard

by maquisard

Where did he go anyway? was he banned or did he just get bored?

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

the 2017 Giro route's been announced and it looks mighty impressive. short punchy stages (e.g. 130km with a finish on the top of Oropa) combined with long hard climb fests and lots of mixed/rolling stages seem like a perfect GT. even the ITT looks kinda hard with ups and downs. there's like one, maybe two really flat stages but that's it

on a paper it appears as it favors daring, offensive riders like Chavez. too much odds to keep the whole race under control, even with a ridiculously strong team, but plenty occasions to jump off and gain time - almost every stage seems suitable for that sort of thing.

so if Chavez rides, I'd say it's his for the taking. Aru's going too, but unless he can keep his form even, I'd say he's gonna be on a long list of contenders. the route is demanding every single day and he does tend to loose time here and there. I'd love to see the Vuelta-Quinatana doing it (not the Tour-Quintana god forbidd) as well as Bardet. frankly speaking, with a route like that, I'd love to see them all, why bother with Tour when there's possibly the best GT in years just round the corner? maybe we could sign some petition to include all the big boys for what undoubtedly is gonna be the ultimate showdown :thumbup:
Last edited by tymon_tm on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

It's a great Giro route! Both sides of the Stelvio plus a descent into Bormio. That descent is so much fun and so fast. It's too bad that times have changed and they all focus on one or the other. The Tour may get more press but I've always thought the Giro is a tougher race and much more enjoyable to watch. I's like to see Froome try for a Maglia Rosa.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Rondje

by Rondje

Vagabond wrote:I's like to see Froome try for a Maglia Rosa.

Well Froome tweeted this: https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/ ... 1999397888
But then again, I don't think the Giro is of importance to Sky so he'd probably focus on the Tour again.

It's going to be a great GT, as usual the Giro is 1 of the more interesting GT's. Kruijswijk also said he liked the course, specially with the hard last week. Lots of interesting mountain stages. Personally I look forward to the Blockhaus stage. It's not hard with multiple climbs, but it's a long climb (and my personal nightmare as I had a bad day when I climbed it from Lettomanopello side). Also wondering if they clear the snow all the way to the top, last year I was there mid june and there was still snow near the top.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I'd like to see how Froome deals with the route and a bunch of success hungry fellas, but if theye were to bring their a-game to the Giro and TTT the whole race then perhaps it's better they skip this one (they still have Landa, right?) and head straight to Paris' winner decoration.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I said this about Wiggo in '13 - I don't think the Giro suits Sky's approach to stage racing or Froome's abilities as well as the Tour. For that reason I'd be really curious to see if Froome could be successful there. Even if he likes the route I am sure there is too much corporate pressure on him to focus on the giro over the tour. Also, I would be surprised if sky change his tour prep with doing the giro in prep for the tour. Love to be wrong though.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Is Landa still with Sky? Weird year for him. Micky didn't you say he was leaving sky?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

I believe Landa is still with them. Maybe they give Poels a chance. Altho it's more likely he will get his chance in the Vuelta as they probably want him fresh to help Froome in the Tour. It would be interesting to see if Froome could handle the race style of the Giro, but I'd prefer it if Froome stays in the tour. Regardless the succes, a Sky train for 3 weeks controlling the Giro would make the race boring.