2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Bogan

by Bogan

Norregard wrote:I can't for the life of me fathom why someone hasn't banned xena yet. This is beyond ridiculous.

Isn't it.

Yes Xena, I do know how Ventolin works. I actually know a bit about asthma. What you don't get is that my observations of what Ventolin does for my son, is NOT science. It is an observation/perception. There are zero quantifiable facts in my observations.

How about you just stop the destruction of this thread and release the rest of us from your tirade of petulant behaviour and mindless rants. It is painfully obvious that you have no boundaries and give no thought to other people or their opinions, unless they agree with you. By the way re your last PM, yet again I could not fathom the logic behind it. If it was meant to be insulting it was a fail.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Why does this have to be a he said, she said topic. I'm locking this for a week to let things cool off.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wojchiech

by wojchiech

Chavito!

I know who I'm picking for the Ardennes classics next year...

jeffy

by jeffy

Wiggins did an interview (with the author of "My Time") accompanied by a sad face : ( portrait on the front of The Guardian.

As an appeal to the the benefit of the doubt, it did a good job.

Of interest, was that in it he described his allergies as something he didn't know wether or not he would be impacted by - which implies the pre-GT injections were preventative - which is actually AFAIK not permitted as a TUE. So clearly the rules/processes really need to be tightened.

An issue i think is that Sky set up (with their GB TdF winer goal) two years pre-Armstrong confession - so doping wasn't perceived the same.

Sky also made a big point about how the stripe down the back of their kit was "the line" and they will go up to the line but never cross (re: doping).
In this context, - as well as what Tim Kerrison has said in press conferences about defining a clean rider as someone "within the rules" - the somewhat questionable TUES fit very well.

I wonder if the 2017 kit will have the stripe down the back

KB

by KB

Lombardy is a great race and it was a great win by Chaves today. Orica must be very happy with the upward trajectory of the team. Colombian cycling's getting stronger by the year.

Rob81

by Rob81

an EPIC Lombardia, as often when its route is around Bergamo (ok I'm a little biased on this because I like these climbs :D )

Sacke

by Sacke

Apparently the Venge Vias can disintegrate "spontaneously" , and Specialized has issued a stop sales and recover any rim brake Vias statement.

Fortunately, there may not be that many to recover. The hate is strong. :)

Sent from magic technical device.

Sacke

by Sacke

Wout Van Aert... 3 races, three mechanicals. This time in the second to last corner, which cost him the possibility to sprint for the win against Mathieu van der Poel.

kgt

by kgt

Obviously the frame is so aero and fast that it disintegrates after 60km/h

Rondje

by Rondje

Sacke wrote:Wout Van Aert... 3 races, three mechanicals. This time in the second to last corner, which cost him the possibility to sprint for the win against Mathieu van der Poel.

Was a great race! Finally someone to challenge him again. Last few corners where really on the max including the uphill sprint next to each other. V Aert seems to have mechanicals to often, is it the price of his way of racing, or just bad shifting before dismounting for a walking phase.
The part worth re watching: https://twitter.com/GazetteDesSport/sta ... 60/video/1

Bouhanni wins Tour de Vendée, but the real reason of posting this is Samuel Dumoulin behind him celebrating:
He won de season long Coupe De France competition.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Not sure about the validity to that Specialized stop sale. Haven't seen or heard anything about that from reliable sources. Any more information?
Just ride ..

mattr

by mattr

It's on their website.

micky

by micky

According to the twitter riders account, the whole peloton would agree on who was the winner today.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2783982

Dez33

by Dez33

itsacarr wrote:Not sure about the validity to that Specialized stop sale. Haven't seen or heard anything about that from reliable sources. Any more information?

Link here http://specializedbicycles-usinternal.c ... A9B615C412

More detailed picture ... nice to see the break right by the UCI approval sticker :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

micky wrote:According to the twitter riders account, the whole peloton would agree on who was the winner today.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2783982

What's that all about?