2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Dez33 wrote:
maquisard wrote:Indeed, and Giant-Alpecin rode this years Tour in predominantly white kit instead of black. The Cervelo Test Team used to do the same. Same situation as Sky and perfectly legal.

Different situation to US Postal changing to victory kit on Champs-Elysees. That wasn't cleared with the UCI so they were fined. Same with Cipo and his outfits!

The most disgraceful example though was 2010, Armstrong again but he wasn't even the winner (well, never a winner anyway) made the whole team change into a Livestrong special edition '28 million' jersey. Then the race virtually had to stop and wait while they were made to change back into the correct jerseys.

Ha! I've got one of those jerseys! I only wear it on the indoor trainer now, I was so blind - then I met Mike Anderson :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dez33

by Dez33

dereksmalls wrote:
Dez33 wrote:
maquisard wrote:Indeed, and Giant-Alpecin rode this years Tour in predominantly white kit instead of black. The Cervelo Test Team used to do the same. Same situation as Sky and perfectly legal.

Different situation to US Postal changing to victory kit on Champs-Elysees. That wasn't cleared with the UCI so they were fined. Same with Cipo and his outfits!

The most disgraceful example though was 2010, Armstrong again but he wasn't even the winner (well, never a winner anyway) made the whole team change into a Livestrong special edition '28 million' jersey. Then the race virtually had to stop and wait while they were made to change back into the correct jerseys.

Ha! I've got one of those jerseys! I only wear it on the indoor trainer now, I was so blind - then I met Mike Anderson :D

:lol: ... well at least you saw the light and just think it could be worse, you only had a '28' on the jersey, imagine these clowns today buying the sky jersey and having an 'IV' on it, like that's going to come back and bite them on the arse sometime :beerchug:

xena
Banned

by xena

Please add funny comments :thumbup:

Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

nd2rc

by nd2rc

HA! Now that's funny.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

xena wrote:Please add funny comments :thumbup:

I will have what he is having

LouisN

by LouisN

A "Froome" can now become a new unit.
Feel free to find the best description.
For example: A running interval in between bike splits.
- " Yesterday, I did 3 X 6 Froomes at the local hill climb. That was pretty hard, and I also totally destroyed my cleats...meeeehhh !!! "

Louis :)

DanW

by DanW

xena wrote:Image

Juventus fans give their reaction as Froome speaks without first checking with Michelle Cound in explaining that the picture of him in full lederhosen posted on the Team SKY twitter page was in fact taken while cheering on Bayern Munich during Juve's dramatic Champions League exit and not an attempt to toughen up during pre-Tour training by chanelling his inner "Jens" as first rumoured

Tomstr

by Tomstr

xena wrote:

"We trained for this"
Ride it like you stole it

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Dez33 wrote:

I'm sorry but how is promoting charity that promotes cancer awareness disgraceful? IMHO it was the coolest thing, ditching sponsors' logos for something actually relevant
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

boysa

by boysa

Didn't you know Lance causes cancer?

This is, of course, in addition to assassinating Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, killing John Lennon, and is 100% solely responsible for breaking up Van Halen.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Dez33

by Dez33

tymon_tm wrote:
Dez33 wrote:

I'm sorry but how is promoting charity that promotes cancer awareness disgraceful? IMHO it was the coolest thing, ditching sponsors' logos for something actually relevant

You might have thought it was cool if you were a Pharmstrong fan boy but 'Lance the cheat' and his 'charity' deployed as a shield against his doping meant the two were inseparable then. For years he used that charity to beat down accusations of his doping, like if you were against Armstrong you were pro people dying of cancer in his opinion.

Then to the charity itself, like we really needed a charity blowing most of its donations on promotional activities to make us aware of cancer? No thanks, I have two dead relatives that make me acutely aware of cancer. I prefer to put my money into more meaningful organisations.

Then you get to the fact that once again it was a big circle jerk all around Lance, he wasn’t even the f’ing winner. If anyone was going to make a statement about something within the rules that should be afforded to the winners team, not hijacked by a pretender against the rules.

And the sponsors logos weren’t ditched, they were on the jersey as well.

UCI did the right thing stopping the race to take them off.
Last edited by Dez33 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

xena wrote:Image

SKy starts Froomes CX training for Worlds in January

bungis

by bungis

Dez33 wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
Dez33 wrote:

You might have thought it was cool if you were a Pharmstrong fan boy but 'Lance the cheat' and his 'charity' deployed as a shield against his doping meant the two were inseparable then. For years he used that charity to beat down accusations of his doping, like if you were against Armstrong you were pro people dying of cancer in his opinion.

Then to the charity itself, like we really needed a charity blowing most of its donations on promotional activities to make us aware of cancer? No thanks, I have two dead relatives that make me acutely aware of cancer. I prefer to put my money into more meaningful organisations.

Then you get to the fact that once again it was a big circle jerk all around Lance, he wasn’t even the f’ing winner. If anyone was going to make a statement about something within the rules that should be afforded to the winners team, not hijacked by a pretender against the rules.

Are you so ignorant, hypocritical, or animus to think that the tour winners and competitors before, during, and after Lance weren't using the same PEDs or better (if not better drugs and even motors)? The term useful idiot comes to mind.

Dez33

by Dez33

bungis wrote:
Dez33 wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
Dez33 wrote:

Are you so ignorant, hypocritical, or animus to think that the tour winners and competitors before, during, and after Lance weren't using the same PEDs or better (if not better drugs and even motors)? The term useful idiot comes to mind.

Not sure how you derived that you dumb fu<k :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The abbreviation for IntraVenus on a cycling jersey.

What a farce.

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com