2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

velomane wrote:Don't you guys think Millar's atoned for his sins? I've gotten the impression from him over the years that he is genuinely sorry and regrets his actions.

Agreed. The man has paid his debt owed to the sport. Let him be and allow him to share the benefit of experience his long career afforded him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

nathanong87 wrote:im really impressed with Katusha. (or rather not impressed with DD). Yal said it exactly a page back, that katusha for Kristoff looked way more practiced that DD and DD was basically EBH for cavendish in the final. I also echo what yal said about kristoff stage 1 look BAD, like i told my buddy 'dang how come he looks real slow, is it classics training he lost his pop?' . but then stage 2 , KUDOS. That was a long long long drag race. I think kristoff has the build to be a nexdt boonen. Wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't prefer out and out sprints anymore, but clearly he still has it.!

I wonder if this is just due to a lack of top teams at the front but Katusha is just blowing the race to bits everyday. I imagine if etixx &/or trek was up there there would be more bodies to keep everything together and Katusha's overwhelming power wouldn't be so obvious. The race has seemingly been won before their last lead-out guy hits the front. on stage 4 Guarieni knew it was over as soon as he pulled off, they blew the entire field clear off their wheels.

micky

by micky

BdaGhisallo wrote:Agreed. The man has paid his debt owed to the sport. Let him be and allow him to share the benefit of experience his long career afforded him.

Another good example of doping paying off and double standards.

AJS914

by AJS914

You can say that for pretty much every rider over a certain age working in cycling, whether they were caught or not.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

I'm waiting for Armstrong to head USA Cycling or even WADA. Let's make it happen guys!

xena
Banned

by xena

D Milllar what a hypocritical piece of dung. Who did he ride for Garmin and JV. How many of their riders have been busted. Its like the elephants graveyard for dopers. Have you seen the times get dramatically slower when Millar was at garmin ? No in-fact they have got quicker or just as quick.
Its like having Seb Coe run athletics its a complete and utter joke and the doping will carry on and the backhanders will still be paid and the cover ups will carry on as usual . Here's a simple fact that has been proven time and time again. A legit athlete cannot beat a doped athlete.
We have seen countless busts in the pro peloton . We have climbers climbing as fast as the Armstrong era . Nothing has changed apart from the media perception you are given and some of you believe. Millar is a joke. Itv get him on their commentary team and then go on about how bad doping his and it should be eradicated from the sport yet have a exdoper commentating, He's the bad boy turned good :lol:
Redemption. If you all think dopers cheat clean athletes then Millar has cheated clean athletes. So how can you have redemption when athletes have been cheated , you can't go back re race that TT can you?
What about if Armstrong says he his sorry enough times and go's on countless times saying how wrong he was. He doesn't because he speaks the truth and not the garbage you want to hear that Millar speaks
Wake up people . There's still doping going on big time in the peloton and Millar a ex doper his being used to cover that fact up .
:popcorn:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

tranzformer wrote:I'm waiting for Armstrong to head USA Cycling or even WADA. Let's make it happen guys!
Kristin*, yes. Lance, no.

* the cyclist, not Lance's ex-wife

AKASTANA

by AKASTANA

Going back to the '1 company makes all the pro peloton clothing' fable...

Moa makes Dimension Data's new 'Oakley' kit, well, however much of it they could get to them in time for their first races given they had hardly any time, looks like Oakley will be trying to develop cycling kit (think this is their 3rd attempt...) Moa also makes bits of Rapha kit for Sky, not all of it but a reasonable amount.

Bioracer makes most TT suits for pro teams, notable exceptions being Cannondale on Castelli and Tinkoff on Sportful. Why do all these other clothing sponsors let their teams wear Bioracer? Because they haven't been able to make their own ones faster. Interestingly Katusha last year were not using Bioracer, but It looked too technical to be something OneWay had made for their one year foray into the cycling business.

Ale make some kit for Vermarc, Their PRR stuff is what Etixx use, not sure why but they do...It's probably likely that they are sharing resources over various lines.

TexMarket & Moa make bits and pieces for some companies, but you also have to take some of these comments with a pinch of salt 'we make 50% of the kit in the pro peloton' is one of those statements that makes their company look awesome and due to client confidentiality they can say it without having to back it up. Neither of them make anything for Castelli or Sportful.
"You are only limited by fear and even that can be overcome..." Seth Morrison

velomane

by velomane

xena, you're such a cynic. Oh, wait, maybe I mean realist! :D

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Cancellara is using Veloflex Roubaix. Interesting, my weapon of choice also :)

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

KWalker

by KWalker

I'd actually love to see Armstrong head USA Cycling. He has a ton of his own money (for now) he could put into the organization so its not as terrible, could market itself better, and actually fund the testing of masters racers.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

ok WOW.

today in qatar, kristoff geared up for the tailwind finish (from cavendish's interview). If you watch the sprint he sits down, still motors and stands for the last like 30m. WOWIE.

djconnel

by djconnel

Incredible. I'm not sure on the wheelbase of the two bikes but Cav's rear wheel clears the line before Kristoff's, suggesting Cav was just a bit faster at that point. Without the radius of the turn Cav had it (and without the wind-anchor leader's jersey :)). So very close.....

Photos like this are what to me put an end to all the arguments against marginal gains.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

not too mention that katusha bossed DD out of the inside line on the road. That in itself was the extra distance that put cavendish behind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

That's a skinsuit on Cavendish. He found one somehow. :)

btw. Kristoff is wearing a leader's jersey too, so they are on even ground in that aspect. And there's all the talk about the cervelo being the fastest aero bike...