Tracking down an original print of an old Tour photo

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hey weenies, wondering if you can help me in my search. I'm putting together my man cave and have a few shots + signed jerseys etc to go up in there. It's near Chamonix in France. In 1963, the 17th Tour Stage from Val d'Isere to Chamonix (227 km monster over the Petite St Bernard, Grand St Bernard, Forclaz, Montet, ouch!) was famously won by Anquetil in a duel with Bahamontes. The weather was terrible but Anquetil still had his comb in his rear pocket when crossed the finished line to sweep his hair back and maintain his cool. The only photo I've found of the stages is this one of Anquetil and Bahamontes doing battle on a gravel Col de la Forclaz

Any clue how to track down the print to make a reproduction?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Perhaps you could Direct Message the LeTour account, and ask for the copyright holder or reprinter, since they tweeted the photo.

https://twitter.com/letour/status/656416569560559616

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Great stuff! I hadn't figured out where that website has gotten it. I've replied to @letour hopefully I get somewhere. Thanks!

jamesbass

by jamesbass

If you're using Google Chrome, right click the image above and chose "Search Google for this image". This will pull up any online references to the image and hopefully some copyright info somewhere.

benzebub

by benzebub

what a fantastic picture, wouldn't mind owning a copy of this myself! keep us updated on your searching progress.
the largest size I found on the web was 1280 x 888, don't know if this is big enough for A4 print?
But I could be wrong

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yup found same size too, I did print it out on A4 but the details are quite washed out but resolution isn't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com