New ww forum 'members' issue

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

I cant help thinking that some comments about members posting countless inane comments in this thread are like the pot calling the kettle black.

If the fundamental issue is that the quality of the forum is being downgraded by some members posting frequent, inane and sometimes ill-informed comments that really don't raise the quality of the discussion I cant see how it matters whether you are a new member trying to get a discount or an established one with lots of nothing-meaningful-to-say - both contribute to the problem.

I frequent another forum where there are fairly firm guidelines applicable to all members about staying on topic, limiting number of posts each day and avoiding inane comments - seems to work well.

Or, here's a crazy idea, how about veteran members leading by example to the give the moderators a break
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Why not remove the minimum post requirement and just add a "minimum 6 month" requirement to the sale forum? Most people looking to buy/sell components will get bored after 6 months and not come back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

+1. Could be the best idea so far.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

jorisee01

by jorisee01

+1

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agree about the 6 month idea for the reasons mentioned by @kluivontot. Also, during that time they'd have ample opportunity to contribute legitimate posts without feeling the need to post nothingness. After that it would be "buyer beware" of course, but at least you could see if they've contributed anything in the last 6 months, and if they were just here for an immediate sale or purchase, then by 6 months they'd be gone anyway. Yes, I like this idea.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

Lee11111 doing a post count drive by...

jeffy

by jeffy

the problem with "25 posts in the last 60 days" is that you'll get longer term posters having to garbage post to get their 60-day post count up

Treelegs

by Treelegs

I've been an avid reader for about 5 years, but I don't post. I had an older user name, but I never logged in since I could lurk without it.

im ok with post counts for discounts, since the posting is what generates content. What I value most is the forum has the least amount of junk posts which dominate other forums.