New ww forum 'members' issue

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

It seems that all these new members trying to reach an x number of posts have ruined our forum lately.
Sorry if I sound too picky but I think it's time the administrators do something about this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

I agree on this - I posted something on the same lines a few months ago

Of course Starbike own the forum and it is a commercial decision to offer the discount for X posts. I appreciate having the discount certainly

But it does have a downside for the forum
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

boysa

by boysa

Wholeheartedly agree. It drives me absolutely bonkers. I tend to read the forum on Tapatalk, and the timeline is often one after another of these posts. I flag them as spam, per advice from the mods, but it is never ending.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I have to agree, it's pretty irritating when you log in and find 20+ posts by the same person in different topics all along the lines of 'nice bike' or '+1' Not sure what you could do to combat it though.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

It is annoying indeed. I have spoken with NMX about it and we are thinking about a possible sollution.
Each morning when I read the forums and come across posts like these I delete them. When you want to help out you can click the exclamationmark in the post and fill out the small form.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Maybe a warning message on the new members rule informing that each message classified as spam will count as -1 post for the discount?

jamesbass

by jamesbass

campbellrae wrote:I have to agree, it's pretty irritating when you log in and find 20+ posts by the same person in different topics all along the lines of 'nice bike' or '+1'

+1

(sorry)

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Or some kind of rule for minimum number of words for noobs only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmerka

by rmerka

Maybe make a 6 month membership requirement if that's possible?

AJS914

by AJS914

The post count is useless if you only need 10 to get the discount. They should just give the discount to everyone.

sychen

by sychen

Wait there's a discount? Seriously didn't know...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

-1 to those discount noobs?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Speculating that the theory is that regular posters are not just weenies, but actual consumers of high-end parts, such that Starbike wants them as customers. Imposing a 6 month wait might solve the posting issue, but forego some sales during that time, which is the goal after all.

It's not an easy answer. Maybe up the count to something like 100, which can't really be done in short order, but less than 6 months?
I also like jorisee01's suggestion for a minimum word count for each qualifying post.

Personally I don't find it a problem, but until a better policy is in, we should try to take some of the load off FrankieB.

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Why not just change the title of this topic to "Post nonsense here to increase post count".

F45

by F45

Frankie - B wrote:It is annoying indeed. I have spoken with NMX about it and we are thinking about a possible sollution.
Each morning when I read the forums and come across posts like these I delete them. When you want to help out you can click the exclamationmark in the post and fill out the small form.

You can give me mod powers and I'll delete them when I see them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com