Elite Real-Emotion B+ (is this the thing i need?)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I don't like the trainers where bike is fixed, i think it's so boring with no distractions.

No feel just a monotone dead pedaling.

We have a long off season, so i wonder, anyone who can actually tell me if you use a trainer like this?

Does it help? Is it easy to use without hick-ups?

http://elite-real.com/en/products/real-e-motion-b
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natefontaine

by natefontaine

I for one love rollers, I have a basic set with a magnetic resistance unit. I've thought about converting it to the free motion rollers when I was riding them ~2 hrs a day. But since my schedule loosened up I don't ride them at all anymore, so I never got around to setting them up for free motion. With a good movie or World Tour race I could do endurance pace for 2-3 hrs with a couple hard efforts, no problem. With fixed rollers you have to be a little careful not to go crazy out of the saddle, but you can throw the bike around and simulate climbing out of the saddle. I imagine with the free motion you wouldn't even think about it.

That model looks like it could be quite dynamic and with some of the app features you could possibly do some long sessions without the depression normally associated with the turbo. Maybe try borrowing a set of rollers first before you drop close to 1k...