Nashville Cycling?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

I just moved to Nashville from Santa Barbara. I really miss the SB group rides.

What is there to do here? Where are the local cat 1/2s riding on a weekend? What about weekdays?

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

I am here in the Nashy and can give you some 411. It's a bit of the down season unless you do 'cross but there is the GSD (Get Sh*t Done) on Saturday AM. You can look for an open Google group page for some info. There are some others to. What general area of town do you live in? I live South but there is a pretty decent race/training scene here. Some good roads too but SB is surely better I'd think. Great city overall tho, welcome. Sorry but Winter is coming....(I moved here from SoCal in '98) and it can be unpleasant. Last year for example was particularly shitty.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

Thanks TwiggyTN. I'll pm you.

gsgrossart

by gsgrossart

Depending on which side of town you live in, there is some good riding not too far to the NW up in Clarksville (definitely less traffic). Small, friendly club up there with regular rides on Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

I'll check that out gsgrossart.

Yesterday I tried "afternoon delight". Tomorrow I'll try this ride at the speedway. So far, so good!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

I was recently in Nashville. Nachez Trace is nice, very low car traffic, and is 444 miles each way, so round-trip is a decent ride :). It starts at the Loveless Cafe on 100 but 100 itself, while it shows up on the Strava heat map, is relatively nasty in stretches with rumble strips and very narrow shoulder (drivers seemed to give room, however). There's less direct alternatives, though, to connect to the Music City bike route.

I also did the Tour de Nash route which was nice, including some bike path:
http://www.strava.com/routes/3143020
The Tour changed routes this year and has also gone in the opposite direction.

There's a Wed night training crit during summer I didn't get a chance to check out: the Music City Crits.