Thoughts on Castelli Climbers 2.0

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nickcube

by nickcube

Just looking for some opinions of the Climbers 2.0 Jersey, thinking about getting one in preparation for summer(Australia). Looking at getting the black so I'm wondering, since it's pretty much see though, should i get a black or white base layer?(I'd be getting one of those mesh layers for hot days, if I actually need one). Also, hows the fit on it? Hear it's fairly tight and aero, but is there any need to size up on one? Any other opinions and thoughts would be great, I'd be riding in 35 degrees+ for the record
Cheers

nohands

by nohands

Black, the white base on black jersey would look weird considering the material is practically see through. I should point out that the material itself acts as a mesh base layer so a separate base is really not needed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zitter

by Zitter

I have the white one. Very see-through, so I use the Prosecco Ice base layer under it. Fits very slim and form fitting since it has the same cut as their aero jerseys

chorus88

by chorus88

Been wearing 2014 Climbers jersey & 2015 Blue Climbers2.0 jersey this summer (Canada).
The Climbers2.0 is the best jersey for hot weather. But, the fabric is very delicate & snagging will happen (not durable).
I'm 5'-6'', 120lbs and I wear a SMALL jersey, with no base layer.
I find the fit to be form fitting, not super tight.
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

nickcube

by nickcube

Cheers for the input guys, just what I wanted to hear. I was questioning the use of a mesh layer anyway so that works out well. In for a hot summer down under thanks to El Niño, and I presume that sun screen use is mandatory on a jersey like this?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I previously got a 2014 climbers jersey in L (180cm 75kgs) but it ended up being baggy and a bit long. Did they tighten up the 2.0 that much or should I just try and squeeze into an M?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickcube

by nickcube

I don't have the original jersey but I have seen pictures of the climbers (1.0?) and it looks rather baggy and is "surprisingly roomy" according to one review (http://pelotonmagazine.com/uncategorize ... tand-outs/) I'd say give the large another shot, wiggle have them going pretty cheap atm.

MRM

by MRM

nickcube wrote:and I presume that sun screen use is mandatory on a jersey like this?

Probably a good idea... :wink:

ricey155

by ricey155

Just bought the mtn version only £44 from the cafe outlet very nice Jersey prefer it over the sprint version a little more room to breath - the best Jersey on the market

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com